Author Topic: Round edges in materials  (Read 1534 times)

2022-06-29, 21:19:57

MartoStyle

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Please put round edges in materials we waste so much ram. Projects will be much faster. Thanks in advance!

2022-06-29, 21:39:58
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Excuse my ignorance, but how adding round edges in material would save any RAM, or time for that matter?
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2022-06-29, 22:06:15
Reply #2

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
And round edges are in materials, via the Round Edges map..... https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/articles/4526328530833-Corona-Round-Edges-Map
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2022-07-01, 12:25:39
Reply #3

MartoStyle

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Еxcuse my ignorance. Thank you!

2022-07-01, 13:18:02
Reply #4

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Nothing to excuse :) We're always happy to help folks learn a feature they hadn't discovered yet!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2022-07-02, 09:45:56
Reply #5

MartoStyle

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Excuse my ignorance, but how adding round edges in material would save any RAM, or time for that matter?
Test it with 100 boxes with round edges and 100 chamfer boxes and you will be amaized of the efficiency press 7 to see the stats ot fhe scene to watch tre results.

2022-07-02, 11:58:39
Reply #6

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Test it with 100 boxes with round edges and 100 chamfer boxes and you will be amaized of the efficiency press 7 to see the stats ot fhe scene to watch tre results.

I meant round edges in material (your request) vs round edges as separate map (current implementation). I didn't know that you are not aware that Corona has round edges for ages.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2022-07-02, 14:33:03
Reply #7

MartoStyle

• Active Users
    • View Profile

I meant round edges in material (your request) vs round edges as separate map (current implementation). I didn't know that you are not aware that Corona has round edges for ages.
Oh hahah i understand! :D yes i didnt know it for Corona  i use it in other engines there is emplemented right in the materials.