Author Topic: Chaos Corona 9 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 42934 times)

2022-06-01, 09:15:16

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Chaos Corona 9 for 3ds Max Daily Builds Discussion

You can grab the latest build from: Daily Builds Changelog
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2022-06-25, 17:54:52
Reply #1

CharlyRT

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Dont know if someone has checked this but, the file for the last Daily "corona-9-3dsmax-daily-2022-06-09" isnt avaiable, it says that the file has been erased

2022-06-27, 03:06:25
Reply #2

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
It's working fine here, can you check again?
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2022-06-27, 03:10:28
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
As a note, this was just a pre-release of Corona 8 HF 1, so it is still better to just download the final Corona 8 HF1 anyway, from https://corona-renderer.com/download

2022-06-27, 18:30:51
Reply #4

CharlyRT

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for answering Tom, I have already checked again and the message its still there, but my mistake, I didnt read that this changes has been placed on Corona 8 HF1, so.... sorry for the inconvinience.

2022-06-27, 18:40:11
Reply #5

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
No inconvenience at all - for one thing, we need to find out why that is happening for some people with the link (even if the link itself is no longer needed due to HF1), so it was good to have this reported!

2022-07-11, 18:24:36
Reply #6

LorenzoS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi ,
what are the differences between Corona8 hotfix2 and corona8 hotfix1 for 3ds max?

thanks

2022-07-11, 18:38:41
Reply #7

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi ,
what are the differences between Corona8 hotfix2 and corona8 hotfix1 for 3ds max?

thanks

Corona 8 Hotfix 1 changelog: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=37006.0

Corona 8 Hotfix 2 changelog: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=37319.0

Basically, Corona 8 Hotfix 1 had a bug which resulted in a crash under specific circumstances. This is fixed in Hotfix 2.

Also, please note that this thread is meant for Corona 9 daily build discussion. :)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2022-07-12, 09:19:42
Reply #8

LorenzoS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you for answer,

Also, please note that this thread is meant for Corona 9 daily build discussion. :)
..."Corona8 Daily build discussion" and "corona8 daily builds changelog" are closed.

2022-07-12, 20:14:08
Reply #9

scionik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi dev.team, could you please add support to showing multisub maps in viewports.
I mean the only one map is shown in the viewport while several maps applied with different IDs.
Thanks

2022-07-13, 08:48:44
Reply #10

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
Testing out Corona Pattern.

Omg, love it! Already amazing and stable from my first experiments.
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2022-07-13, 12:01:25
Reply #11

marchik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
In fresh DB I can't enter tonmapping values in VFB using the keyboard (see the attachment), after pressing enter, the values return to their original state, the spinner works as expected

CoronaPattern works like a charm, I only have 2 questions:

1) is it possible to add a random rotation option, this would come in handy when scattering grass samples

2) Is it possible to add a scaling option (in order to get an overlap of individual patterns and not cut them strictly in a rectangle)
however, as far as I understand, point 2 is not feasible in the current realities

2022-07-13, 13:33:12
Reply #12

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
In fresh DB I can't enter tonmapping values in VFB using the keyboard (see the attachment), after pressing enter, the values return to their original state, the spinner works as expected
Hi,

Thanks for reporting this. It seems to be to do with the , delimter. As a workaround you can change the delimter in Windows to a . and it will function correctly. We hope to have this fixed soon :)

Cheers,

Rowan

(Internal ID=930143568)
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2022-07-13, 13:57:22
Reply #13

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
CoronaPattern works like a charm, I only have 2 questions:

1) is it possible to add a random rotation option, this would come in handy when scattering grass samples

2) Is it possible to add a scaling option (in order to get an overlap of individual patterns and not cut them strictly in a rectangle)
however, as far as I understand, point 2 is not feasible in the current realities

Please post your impressions, reports and requests about Corona Pattern in this topic: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=37437.0 so they don't get lost here.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2022-07-14, 13:26:22
Reply #14

Aram Avetisyan

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
First of all, thank you very much for this guys! Really exciting and unexpected feature to have in Corona. After short amount of testing, i found some issues and have few requests for improving, which i'd like to share here.

Issues
  • crop box disappears in viewport when you zoom closer to it, making fine adjustments very hard
  • when random offset is not 0, then slightest touch to the pattern node is changing random seed, making the pattern quite unpredictable

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.
1. Could it be because of viewport clipping, scene units, or the scene being far from origin? Crop box never disappeared for me when zooming in. Can you try with orthographic view and see if zooming very close to crop box make it disappear.
2. This is already reported, thanks
Aram Avetisyan | chaos-corona.com
Chaos Corona Support Representative | contact us