Author Topic: Corona decal not working on top of glass texture?  (Read 1032 times)

2022-03-24, 16:25:55

mertbean

• Users
    • View Profile
So what i'm trying to do is pretty straight to the point. I've got this train with corona glass material, and i want to apply decals on the sides: on top of the glass. But it wont work on the glass. Is this a bug? Or is it supposed to be not possible to apply ontop of glass? I'm using C4D R23 with the most recent Daily build.

2022-03-24, 17:12:57
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Should work fine so long as your decal has a material applied and that material has opacity (with the mask in it). (If you use "from map" then probably not, as you will be applying the texture map as a Diffuse and glass has no Diffuse so it won't show up, so you need to use a full material to override the glass material).
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2022-03-24, 19:32:02
Reply #2

mertbean

• Users
    • View Profile
Thank you for your reply, but... thats exactly what i already were doing. I've got a material with an opacity mask that i use for the decal, with the decal set to: 'from material'.

2022-03-24, 20:25:46
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
May take sharing the scene to have a look at what is going on - for me, overlapping a decal across a plain cube and glass cube where the decal had a mask worked just as I would have expected (the glass became non-glass and took on the decal material where it overlapped and not cut out by the mask). The private uploader info is in my signature, or maybe a cut down version of the scene can be shared. Otherwise some screengrabbing of the various materials involved may be needed.

Also, just for completeness, I have to ask if the glass is in any way inset and perhaps the decal is not overlapping it as a result? And just for a known issue that is getting a fix, if you zoom in real close, it's not that the decal is being applied but tiled something like 20 times so there are in fact loads of small repeats of the decal in the overlap area?
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2022-03-31, 10:10:11
Reply #4

Core2000

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Decals now works fine with V8RC3