Author Topic: Uninstall and roll back to V7  (Read 1803 times)

2022-03-16, 08:56:45

davetwo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi. While I normally work with the dailies. I will need to send sets of images to a renderfarm in the coming weeks. This means they will need to be saved in Corona 7.

For this I will roll back to V7 on one of my machines

So 2 questions:
Is there an uninstall option (macosx) to cleanly remove the V8 daily and associated files (Chaos etc). So I can make a clean install of V7?

Will my projects made in v8 convert back to v7 without problems? (No new features like slicer, decal etc are used).

Thanks in advance for any tips

2022-03-16, 12:12:01
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Scenes saved in a new version probably won't load in a previous version - going backward is never guaranteed, we can only do "scenes created in an earlier version will load in a newer version." Even if no new features were used, there can be changes to various ways of storing or handling data or memory etc. in the new version that can make the old version have problems - for example, 8 has a whole new way of doing tone mapping. And there is a new parameter in the Physical Material (whether you use it or not).

If the scene does not load, you might (and only might) be able to use Merge and import the objects from the scene into a new scene created in 7. It is always the case that you should never create a scene in a newer version if you might ever want to go back to an earlier version (this would apply to released versions too, so never create something in 7 if you might want to load it in 6, etc.)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2022-03-16, 16:31:34
Reply #2

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
No need to uninstall anything.
Easiest is to "Unpack" Corona installer and then use/swap plugins when needed.

Just tested it now and it works fine. (for I was worried new License server could cause issues)

2022-03-18, 09:24:30
Reply #3

davetwo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
No need to uninstall anything.
Easiest is to "Unpack" Corona installer and then use/swap plugins when needed.

Just tested it now and it works fine. (for I was worried new License server could cause issues)

Ah - interesting. I'm giving the same technique a try. Despite it being potentially problematic swapping back to V7, I haven't had any problems on the files I've testd so far.