Author Topic: Cryptomatte  (Read 2233 times)

2022-02-07, 10:10:42

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Corona Team!
thank you for this!

I'm trying to figure out how to save it properly. I first saved in CXR and then in tiff, exr, hdr, but the result is always different.
Where am I wrong?

thanks

PS: sorry I made a mistake in the forum section

2022-02-07, 13:20:18
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Must be saved to CXR, which can then be renamed to an EXR file type after saving in order to load it into other applications. If loading into Photoshop, Exr-IO is required (the latest version, with cryptomatte support).

EDIT - also see this thread, https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=35535.0 the same things apply in terms of settings, both in the element/render pass, and for Exr-IO :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2022-02-07, 14:04:27
Reply #2

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Must be saved to CXR, which can then be renamed to an EXR file type after saving in order to load it into other applications. If loading into Photoshop, Exr-IO is required (the latest version, with cryptomatte support).

EDIT - also see this thread, https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=35535.0 the same things apply in terms of settings, both in the element/render pass, and for Exr-IO :)

Hi TomG,
I tried as you said but the result looks different. I have installed EXR-IO version 2.02 with Cryptomatte support.

2022-02-07, 15:01:19
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Those are not the usable parts of Cryptomatte :) You should have a layer for every object (or layer etc). Be sure to follow the info in the other thread, e.g. DISABLE propagate in the Crypto in Corona before rendering, in this build.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us