Author Topic: Corona DR + deadline problem  (Read 2613 times)

2021-12-20, 16:44:03

Epilog studio

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Epilog studio
Hello. We are trying to switch to deadline in our studio. Our pipeline is generally  3ds max + Corona.

I have a problem with DBR rendering. When we submit job with DBR rendering turned on for let's say 4 workers everything seems ok.

But when not all 4 workers are available the job won't start at all. Worker assigned to task 0 from this job ( meant to be master) is showing in log that:

" Corona DR: Waiting for all job tasks to be dequeued before starting distributed render"
It is very bad solution for us- I would like to start this job even only with one worker available.

I read in documentation that Vray DBR offer such option - "Dynamic start". Is it possible to get the same in Corona DBR?

Anybody came to a solution?

2021-12-21, 08:54:33
Reply #1

algato

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello,
The topic is very interesting. However, But I suspect that the right contact for this issue is the support team of deadline.
Kind regards
algato

2021-12-21, 09:15:26
Reply #2

johan belmans

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be
Hi

we use Deadline, but we never make use of Corona DBR. So I cannot help you out on this matter.
But as Algato mentions, you should contact the support team of Deadline.

2021-12-21, 10:18:52
Reply #3

Epilog studio

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Epilog studio
Hello- We have contacted earlier with Deadline support- but We haven't received anything more:

Corona DR Offload does not support dynamic start.

:/

2022-01-10, 14:03:29
Reply #4

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
We are in touch with Deadline about this issue. Unfortunately, it seems this is currently a limitation when using Deadline+Corona, but we are discussing some more topics and hopefully some improvement / workaround will be possible here. We don't have any solution right now.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2022-01-18, 22:05:35
Reply #5

Alex Abarca

• Active Users
  • Corona Certified Instructor
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Hi Maru,

I emailed Deadline and some of the issues they say are coming from the latest versions of Corona and I think the same can be said for the deadline. Deadline is an awesome renderer and if it functions correctly its able to handle on-premises rendering, cloud rendering, and DR, and above all that It can handle most 3d platform traffic.

The question I have is...Can the latest version of Corona and deadline work? Is the Corona team conducting tests on compatibility?

Thanks, Alex