Author Topic: R25 project opened in older version cause NaN value  (Read 2325 times)

2021-11-24, 17:11:20

LeSill

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello,

I have tested new R25 and then after trail version expired I wanted to finish the project in older version. When I have tried to render it I got this bug report and it it impossible to render it "An internal error has occurred causing your image to contain NaN (Not a Number) value."
I have discovered, that as soon as I open the file and delete the Corona Skies and place just one new Sky it renderes then. But as soon as I put a new sky where one is for lighting and the second one to be used for reflection and refraction it corrupts the project and there is again the bug "An internal error has occurred causing your image to contain NaN (Not a Number) value.".

Did someone solve this problem? Is it a bug or a problem when moving to older Cinema version?

Many thanks for any help

2021-11-24, 17:26:34
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
It is likely an earlier version of Corona, not the earlier version of Cinema - why not just use the same version of Corona? Which version was the scene created using, and which version are you using to render now?

e.g. there were several NaN fixes in 7, https://blog.corona-renderer.com/corona-renderer-7-for-cinema-4d-released/
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2021-11-25, 09:59:20
Reply #2

LeSill

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I am using the same Corona version. I think it must be a problem with moving the project from Cinema R25 to earlier version R19.

2021-11-25, 11:37:08
Reply #3

mmarcotic

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Jan - C4D QA
    • View Profile
Hello,

we are aware of one NaN issue with "Visible in reflection" in Corona Sky being toggled off and some glossy material being used in the scene. We did not, however, reproduce this in V7 (it began as a regression in V8 daily). Which version of corona are you using?

Thanks,
Jan
Learn how to report bugs for Corona in C4D here.

2021-12-09, 23:16:57
Reply #4

Atlantis

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I am using the same Corona version. I think it must be a problem with moving the project from Cinema R25 to earlier version R19.

I had the same problem after testing a scene in R25 and then open it in R20 again.
After replacing the sky and sun and a C4D material it seems to work now.