Author Topic: Scene parsing issues (freeze unless VFB is moved)  (Read 14385 times)

2022-07-04, 02:11:02
Reply #60

Otuama

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I know someone else suggested, but can anyone write a super simple app to move the selected window 1 pixel to the left, then a pixel to the right every 30 seconds or so? I cannot think of any other workaround.

Yeah, I had that thought and think it'd at least be a workaround for now.

It seems to be an issue with Max 22.

I asked on a Windows forum if that move the window thing would be possible and was told yes.

They suggested I consider hiring someone on Upvote - not heard of it until now.

You may not be able to view this page - it may only be for me

https://www.upwork.com/ab/applicants/1543342960947736576/applicants?frkscc=7mYZuhrTBPmH

Here are some screenshots of my post and replies (11 so far).

I'm going away in a few days for 3 weeks so can't pursue it.

It took 20 hours for a system to render 6 frames over the weekend.  Kept having to log on to move a window :( .

« Last Edit: 2022-07-04, 02:14:47 by Otuama »

2022-07-04, 11:45:39
Reply #61

Flavius

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I can confirm that the problem happens even without remote desktop software. At this moment I am toast and unable to render my animation.

2022-07-04, 14:06:18
Reply #62

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Guys, can you please try this? Unfortunately I can't tell if this will help or not, but it helped in some similar case in the past.

As a workaround, please try going to Render Setup > Common and DISABLING the "Rendered frame window" option.
This will hide the VFB, but you will still see the rendering progress (i.e. how many passes are rendered, what is the rendering status).

If possible, please try this and let me know here whether it changes anything or not.

Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2022-07-04, 19:47:49
Reply #63

Otuama

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, right, potential success.

I'm doing tests and my colleague and I have noticed the frames parsing with no issues now the render window is turned off.

Another system was freezing doing statics.  Unticked the checkbox and it worked first time.

I'll keep checking during the night and will get back  tomorrow once some more testing has been done

The workaround isn't ideal at all but I'm going to be away for 3 weeks so if it works it'll give me some peace of mind.

Thanks

« Last Edit: 2022-07-04, 20:18:29 by Otuama »

2022-07-05, 09:41:35
Reply #64

Otuama

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I can confirm that this hopefully temporary fix works.

Many thanks

2022-07-05, 10:51:36
Reply #65

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
That's some good news. Both the users and the support team can sleep better now, but we will continue investigating to find out what is causing it so that we can sleep like babies.

2022-07-05, 12:34:16
Reply #66

Otuama

• Active Users
    • View Profile
That's some good news. Both the users and the support team can sleep better now, but we will continue investigating to find out what is causing it so that we can sleep like babies.

Sleep?  Sleep?  What's that?  :D

2022-07-09, 10:48:44
Reply #67

Bzdashekzapadlovski

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Same, stuck at parsing scene. Im using mouse clicker with 30sec cd to click on VFB and it goes fine, imagine that. max 2022 corona 7

2022-07-09, 14:10:02
Reply #68

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Same, stuck at parsing scene. Im using mouse clicker with 30sec cd to click on VFB and it goes fine, imagine that. max 2022 corona 7

Have you tried the workaround with disabling the VFB from this post? https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=34859.msg201001#msg201001

2022-08-31, 21:40:07
Reply #69

kino_unico

• Active Users
    • View Profile
the proposed method is very crappy, so I won't see the render progression or the tonemapping options, etc.

the same thing is happening to me. you can spend hours waiting for a job.

« Last Edit: 2022-08-31, 21:51:24 by kino_unico »

2022-09-01, 14:12:07
Reply #70

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
the proposed method is very crappy, so I won't see the render progression or the tonemapping options, etc.

Hi kino_unico and everyone else experiencing this issue. Here is the status update:

So far we've had about 5 users with this issue. In most cases it consists of the two following symptoms:
1) Rendering randomly freezing at various stages (it can be denoising, parsing, or other) unless the VFB or other part of 3ds Max UI is moved by the user with the mouse cursor.
2) Appearing sometimes, randomly, if the VFB is disabled in Render Setup > Common: "Internal error: device or resource busy" error message.

Conditions:
1) Using a remote desktop software such as Team Viewer or Chrome Remote Desktop.
2) Using 3ds Max 2022.

Possible solutions:
1) Fully uninstall the remote desktop software that you are using and clean up any leftovers from it, then restart your computer. For example, if you are using Team Viewer, you should uninstall it from Windows and then remove all registry entries as explained here under "advanced": https://community.teamviewer.com/English/kb/articles/16835-uninstall-teamviewer-on-windows
2) Use Max 2023 instead. We haven't had any report of this in Max 2023 and the affected users confirmed it is not happening for them in Max 2023.

Disabling the VFB is just a workaround. It may work, it may not, it may cause some other issues (like the "internal error").

What to do if you are experiencing this and cannot apply the above solutions:
Capture a minidump file from 3dsmax.exe when it is frozen.
A minidump file does not have to be generated during crashes. You can simply download Process Explorer and capture a minidump from 3dsmax.exe at any point.
Here are the instructions how to do it: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/articles/4649117083409#h_01FDY55JCQMR188S36A1F0SS1T
Then, send the minidump to us along with the description of the problem: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

What happens next:
We will investigate the minidump file and we should be able to tell what exactly is causing the freeze in your case.

We also have some special internal daily builds which are created for mitigating this issue. Once you contact us, we can send you those special builds so that you can check if they work. We would like to include a fix for this in Corona 9.

« Last Edit: 2022-09-01, 14:16:55 by maru »

2022-12-07, 15:17:28
Reply #71

Maybejensen

• Active Users
  • MaybeJensen - Denmark
    • View Profile
    • Maybejensen
Having the same issue. Even after upgrading to Corona 9
MAYBEJENSEN I Working on something I  Ryzen 3950x / RTX 3080

2022-12-07, 15:19:46
Reply #72

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Having the same issue. Even after upgrading to Corona 9

Hi, please see the post above yours, and provide a minidump file as instructed. Without that, we may not be able to help. Thanks in advance!

2023-05-12, 08:51:08
Reply #73

gerbaux

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi.

Sorry to bump this thread. did any solution came up for 3dsmax 2022? Thanks in advance.

2023-05-15, 16:12:44
Reply #74

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi.

Sorry to bump this thread. did any solution came up for 3dsmax 2022? Thanks in advance.

Hi, I will look into this and see if we can share a test build with you.
Meanwhile, could you please send at least 1 minidump captured during the freeze?

What to do if you are experiencing this and cannot apply the above solutions:
Capture a minidump file from 3dsmax.exe when it is frozen.
A minidump file does not have to be generated during crashes. You can simply download Process Explorer and capture a minidump from 3dsmax.exe at any point.
Here are the instructions how to do it: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/articles/4649117083409#h_01FDY55JCQMR188S36A1F0SS1T
Then, send the minidump to us along with the description of the problem: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new