Author Topic: Adaptivity and Shadow channel  (Read 6749 times)

2023-02-14, 14:19:03
Reply #15

tradstown

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This is still on a todo list, sorry for the lack of updates. Can you please explain why it is so important to you? Is it that you need to use the shadow pass for compositing and right now it is giving you incorrect results? Maybe there is some other reason?

I provided a workaround in one of my first messages here, but there was some confusion about the specific name of the setting to change. Here is clarification:
1. Enable the development/experimental stuff rollout - https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/articles/4528523195537
2. Go to Performance > Development/experimental stuff rollout
3. Under the Lights section change Enviro sampler to NormalDep Compensated
4. DO NOT change "adaptivity", "adaptive light solver", or any other settings!

Hello! Sorry, it's been a wile I read this topic.
It was important, because I think, that Corona Engine do not use this information in a right way to clean image on latest passes. I mean, that after 4 or 5 hours render of interior, if you have noise in the corners it will stay there forever and doesn't matter how long time you'll wait. I thought that this is because adaptivity, if you'll look at Fstorm render engine, after some pass it makes image clean, because of adaptivity, it no need to render clean places and it make corners clean at all.