Author Topic: Corona for Cinema 4D and Quixel Bridge  (Read 10855 times)

2021-09-09, 14:58:47

aler

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This topic has already been touched upon (1, 2), but it seems nothing has changed.
In Cinema 4D Quixel Bridge supports other render engines, but not Corona.
I do not know who should take the first step to integrate, you or Quixel, but it would be nice if this disadvantage was solved :)

2021-09-10, 11:43:18
Reply #1

Philw

• Active Users
    • View Profile
+1 for this please.

2021-09-10, 12:49:54
Reply #2

ianosss

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2021-09-12, 00:18:47
Reply #3

ozankar

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2021-10-01, 13:49:09
Reply #4

ianosss

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has tried this texture manager from Great Summit and if its a good solution for the time being as Quixel doesn't work with Corona render. Also does it work with Corona 7?

https://helloluxx.com/products/tools/texture-manager-for-cinema-4d/

2021-10-06, 09:29:31
Reply #5

mmarcotic

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Jan - C4D QA
    • View Profile
Hello,

as far as I know, this is not supported at the moment. I've added this as a feature request and we'll discuss it with the team.

Thanks,
Jan
Learn how to report bugs for Corona in C4D here.

2021-10-06, 12:39:35
Reply #6

rafaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2021-10-06, 15:29:41
Reply #7

ShahynRox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has tried this texture manager from Great Summit and if its a good solution for the time being as Quixel doesn't work with Corona render. Also does it work with Corona 7?

It works fine with my C4D S24 and Corona 7 Hotfix 2 but it is a rather simple material manager which can assign standard maps (with appropriate naming) well enough but has difficulties with metal materials and complex settings. In those cases it cannot generate a proper preview for example.
As you cannot tweak material setting in the TGS material manager you have to touch all settings in the corona material created from the maps. TGS always uses standard bump and IOR-values for the material creation, so those values often do not correspond to the right material settings.
To sum up: it helps to quickly assign maps to the right/standard texture slots of basic Corona materials but it is far from offering a complete PBR-solution for C4D.

I am waiting for the Connector (Design Connected) to offer a better PBR-solution but DC-support told me, that this is a project they plan for 2022.

2021-10-07, 13:55:48
Reply #8

ianosss

• Active Users
    • View Profile

It works fine with my C4D S24 and Corona 7 Hotfix 2 but it is a rather simple material manager which can assign standard maps (with appropriate naming) well enough but has difficulties with metal materials and complex settings. In those cases it cannot generate a proper preview for example.
As you cannot tweak material setting in the TGS material manager you have to touch all settings in the corona material created from the maps. TGS always uses standard bump and IOR-values for the material creation, so those values often do not correspond to the right material settings.
To sum up: it helps to quickly assign maps to the right/standard texture slots of basic Corona materials but it is far from offering a complete PBR-solution for C4D.

I am waiting for the Connector (Design Connected) to offer a better PBR-solution but DC-support told me, that this is a project they plan for 2022.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like its not quite what I'm after as I was hoping it works with the new physical material. The Design Connected one sounds interesting, I'll check that out. Thanks.

2021-10-07, 16:16:32
Reply #9

ShahynRox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sorry, no it does not create physical materials but only standard/legacy materials with the maps assigned to the texture slots of those materials. Hopefully TGS offers an update for those physical materials and more complex settings soon.

2021-12-17, 22:04:28
Reply #10

nnzz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello,

as far as I know, this is not supported at the moment. I've added this as a feature request and we'll discuss it with the team.

Thanks,
Jan

Any news about that? =)

2022-01-14, 00:34:17
Reply #11

frv

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It wpuld already be better if Bridge would just export C4D standard materials when in C4D Coronarender is set as renderer. Now I have to switch back and forth to standard and corona whenever I export megascans to C4D. If C4D is set as corona the export from Bridge fails

2022-01-18, 10:16:29
Reply #12

mmarcotic

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Jan - C4D QA
    • View Profile
Hello,

Thanks,
Jan

Any news about that? =)

Hello,

not at the moment, we are fully focusing on v8 features and bugfixes. This will probably be shifted to a later release.

Thanks,
Jan
Learn how to report bugs for Corona in C4D here.

2022-01-18, 22:43:42
Reply #13

nnzz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
What a disappointment... Another year waiting then?

2022-04-10, 04:56:29
Reply #14

eschac

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just started using Corona, but I was very surprised to see that it does not support Quixel Bridge like other renderers. This would be such a useful feature to implement.