Author Topic: Achieving a noise-free animation render  (Read 1676 times)

2021-08-10, 07:12:37

M Nabil

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello
I need to achieve a noise-free render in animated sequences but I don't want the frame to take too much time to achieve this, I've tried to lower Gi vs AA to 8 for more passes with noise limit 3 but it is still noisy, so I set the Gi vs AA to 16 the frame render takes the double of the time and still noisy, so is there a smart way to achieve clean render within a minimum render time
Thank you for your time

2021-08-10, 17:45:40
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I would suggest using the Intel AI denoiser instead of the Corona HQ one. This is because the Corona HQ denoiser treats materials with bump maps more carefully and as a result, if the original quality is not good enough, they may end up noisy. The AI denoisers are more aggressive, so they should reduce more noise for you.

You can also enable the blur+sharpen checkbox in the VFB - this will make the noise pattern appear more natural without much impact on the overall sharpness.

Lowering GI vs AA is definitely not a good idea in case of direct/indirect light noise.

Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2021-08-11, 18:42:43
Reply #2

M Nabil

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I would suggest using the Intel AI denoiser instead of the Corona HQ one. This is because the Corona HQ denoiser treats materials with bump maps more carefully and as a result, if the original quality is not good enough, they may end up noisy. The AI denoisers are more aggressive, so they should reduce more noise for you.

You can also enable the blur+sharpen checkbox in the VFB - this will make the noise pattern appear more natural without much impact on the overall sharpness.

Lowering GI vs AA is definitely not a good idea in case of direct/indirect light noise.

Thank you  for those great tips,I will try it out
And just to be clear for what you've mentioned (just stick with 16 in GI vs AA not go with the lower value) that right?

2021-08-12, 16:26:31
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
And just to be clear for what you've mentioned (just stick with 16 in GI vs AA not go with the lower value) that right?

Yes, exactly, just use the defaults. :)

Lowering GIvsAA to 8 usually makes sense when rendering strong depth of field or motion blur covering a large area of the image.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2021-08-14, 12:04:05
Reply #4

M Nabil

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Yes, exactly, just use the defaults. :)

Lowering GIvsAA to 8 usually makes sense when rendering strong depth of field or motion blur covering a large area of the image.

I've done all that you've recommended, Set the GIvsAA to 16 and use intel Ai but I found some flickering happened on the brick displacement map so I'm wondering if I did something wrong

Thank you

2021-08-19, 12:27:13
Reply #5

SHORT CUTS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • SHORT CUTS
Have you tried the UHD Cache as the secondary solver using the animation preset? Not sure if this will up your rendertimes but i had almost no noise problems using it in the past.

2021-08-19, 13:35:51
Reply #6

M Nabil

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Have you tried the UHD Cache as the secondary solver using the animation preset? Not sure if this will up your rendertimes but i had almost no noise problems using it in the past.

Thank you

I've tried this method before and did not work.
anyway, the problem was solved by lower the displacement value to 0.7