Author Topic: 3dsmax Freezes when using Select Material with mixed legacy and physical IPR  (Read 1284 times)

2021-07-25, 22:45:29

k.dlugosz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Max freezes while using Corona Select Material with mixed legacy shaders and physical ones, while animated in interactive rendering.

I have bunch of animated frames with material changes, and when in interactive I change to the physical one, then the max freezes. When I start interactive on the Physical shader, and then go backwards on the timeline to legacy ones , it works, but on the other way it freezes.

Have not tried how it would behave on normal render.
Attaching minidump in the response to this thread.

Edit : minidump is 0,5 gb and would take years for me to upload :(

2021-07-26, 00:01:58
Reply #1

k.dlugosz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Update :

The Physical material was not the problem.

Two of the bitmaps, which were not Corona Bitmaps, dropped down error "Render had to be aborted because a bitmap on disk changed and is being reloaded. Continuing the render could cause crash or undefined behavior." while in interactive mode. As I have seen it should not appear in the interactive, and those bitmaps were not changed during the rendering. Changing the bitmaps to Corona Bitmaps resolved the freeze issue.

Those were PNG and TIFF ones.

This was not occuring when switched to Corona 6, so I assume that this is related to 7.
« Last Edit: 2021-07-26, 00:08:12 by k.dlugosz »

2021-07-26, 08:23:55
Reply #2

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,

Please could you upload a simplified version of the scene?

Instructions on how to do this can be found in my signature.

Thanks,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2021-07-26, 08:24:37
Reply #3

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Hi,
is that 0.5 GB after compression? Usually it compresses well
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)