Author Topic: Corona Renderer 8 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 149482 times)

2022-03-30, 16:57:02
Reply #555

Jvincentrs4

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think the tone mapping was missed a bit but at least its on the path. Bummer to not get real color management controls its just not the same thing. I think the developers will have to address this, I don't like to mention other engines but redshift, vray and etc has this. Its just proper work flow at this point especially working with LUT files were you are either supposed to be in log space or rec.709 for the most part.

I think they are sitting on autodesk to do it. Its on the road map for Max was hoping to get it this year but dont think so.
 https://vimeo.com/?embedded=true&source=vimeo_logo&owner=30340840  https://makeanything.autodesk.com/3dsmax/public-roadmap--dynamic-25B1-2288V1.html#rendering-future

2022-03-31, 03:52:35
Reply #556

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys, I'm not sure if this is reported but i cant save and load the tone mapping configuration file, well, i set to save and then when i load this it doesn't change any value, its like it doesn't load it, the lightmix configurations works fine, its the tonemap configuration file that doesn't.

2022-03-31, 13:14:58
Reply #557

Mohammadreza Mohseni

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
using RC2, a very frustrating issue I have with it is that when I open my saved cxr renders (that actually render with rc2) by CIE the tone mapping completely ignored and a different one applied almost 7 times out of 10 times that I opened my images. Additionally, there are times that my saved config files does not apply to tone mapper and again ignored by CIE so I am forced not to use the tone mapping and do that in fusion. it is fine if there is one or two image but when it is more it is very annoying to manually change every value and curves for each images.

2022-03-31, 15:55:04
Reply #558

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Also guys, i made a test with version 7 and version 8 and the interactive rendering its very slow and set the material editor even slower on latest version, tested on two machines; AMD thread ripper 3090x and 3970x, both 256gm ram, is almost impossible to work change a value on the material editors when the interactive rendering working

2022-03-31, 19:07:36
Reply #559

Yuriy Bochkaryov

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Home Page
confirm
I also noticed that a lot of things slowed down a lot on RC 2 - interactive render, material editor
render region does not use 100% CPU, the load is constantly changing 75-100%
CPU - 3970X
tone mapping is still raw, often does not work correctly
saved CXR files often open with lost tone mapping settings
map CoronaTonemapControl - cannot completely ignore tonemapping frame buffer

2022-04-01, 17:04:03
Reply #560

Aram Avetisyan

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
using RC2, a very frustrating issue I have with it is that when I open my saved cxr renders (that actually render with rc2) by CIE the tone mapping completely ignored and a different one applied almost 7 times out of 10 times that I opened my images. Additionally, there are times that my saved config files does not apply to tone mapper and again ignored by CIE so I am forced not to use the tone mapping and do that in fusion. it is fine if there is one or two image but when it is more it is very annoying to manually change every value and curves for each images.

Hi,

Are you using the Image Editor which comes with RC 2?
Can you please try opening Image Editor first and then loading the saved CXRs or drag and dropping them to Image Editor?
CXRs and Tone Mapping was loaded correctly every time for more than 20 tries.

Thanks,
Aram
Aram Avetisyan | chaos-corona.com
Chaos Corona Support Representative | contact us

2022-04-02, 22:49:07
Reply #561

Tanakov

• Active Users
  • Corona is faster than diarrhea
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/Gringott
Hello,
can we get or is there an option to have a "save as default" preset? I find it inconvenient having to load or add items that I like experimenting with for my typical workflow.

Also, I would like to propose a "Corona Legacy Vdb" Preset that loads all the tools that people learned to enjoy over the years.
As someone who often gets asked questions about the software and how it works, I can already predict lots of questions on the topic as it needlessly complicates the procedure.

Yes, people will have to educate themselves on this topic, but I have never seen corona as a program that asks you to figure stuff out, especially since most of the people I know don't even follow the news on your website and surely do not on your youtube. Typically I notice some people install corona as they have seen a tutorial online that was created in C5, C6, or C7 and the UI didn't require you to solve a puzzle back then.

Since we are moving towards Chaos this and that... can we also get ChaosFur into Corona? Will that work? When will it be implemented if ever?

Obviously, Corona has a lot to offer and it surely gained a lot of steam by joining Chaos, yet from my subjective point of view - of someone that abandoned Vray years ago - it looks like Vray is slowly copying coronas features yet Corona is not doing the same vice versa.

Best regards,
Mike
Using Corona since 2014-01-02
https://www.behance.net/Gringott

2022-04-03, 01:43:22
Reply #562

pscgi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys. I've recently started using Fusion and I'd like to start using Cryptomatte for masking. Unfortunately when I save it as .cxr and then change it's format into .exr it doesn't work - when I plug it into Cryptomatte script there are errors saying that no cryptomatte metadata was found. This is what I get from Fusion console:

[Cryptomatte][Cryptomatte1][ERROR] no cryptomatte metadata found
...ion\Reactor\Deploy\Modules\Lua\cryptomatte_utilities.lua:615: ERROR
stack traceback:
   [C]: in function 'error'
   ...ion\Reactor\Deploy\Modules\Lua\cryptomatte_utilities.lua:615: in function 'log_error'
   ...ion\Reactor\Deploy\Modules\Lua\cryptomatte_utilities.lua:695: in function 'get_cryptomatte_metadata'
   ...esign/Fusion/Reactor/Deploy/Fuses/Matte/cryptomatte.fuse:275: in function <...esign/Fusion/Reactor/Deploy/Fuses/Matte/cryptomatte.fuse:251>
Cryptomatte1 failed at time 0

Am I doing anything wrong? Should I do something in between so that Cryptomatte node in Fusion would read it as a proper cryptomatte reneder element? I'd be very thankful for help as using cryptomattes seem to be ultra efficient but unfortunately can't get it to work.

2022-04-03, 01:52:06
Reply #563

Dalton Watts

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Obviously, Corona has a lot to offer and it surely gained a lot of steam by joining Chaos, yet from my subjective point of view - of someone that abandoned Vray years ago - it looks like Vray is slowly copying coronas features yet Corona is not doing the same vice versa.

I have to agree with Mike here. I too abandoned Vray years ago. Chaos bought Render Legion out of fear. Enscape too. I really don't like this way of doing business because it hampers progress. Those were my fears when the news came out and, from my point of view, they're slowly becoming more evident judging from the pace of new features. Cannot say I'm surprised. Chaos trying to monopolize the 3d rendering industry is just sad, IMHO.

Corona is still the best renderer for what I use it for, though.

2022-04-03, 10:51:39
Reply #564

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile

I have to agree with Mike here. I too abandoned Vray years ago. Chaos bought Render Legion out of fear. Enscape too. I really don't like this way of doing business because it hampers progress. Those were my fears when the news came out and, from my point of view, they're slowly becoming more evident judging from the pace of new features. Cannot say I'm surprised. Chaos trying to monopolize the 3d rendering industry is just sad, IMHO.

Be careful guys talking about this might get you blocked as happened when I expressed my displeasure with this acquisition and was treated like a child.
FYI Corona approached Chaos and offered them the platform on a plate of gold.
I used Vray for 10 years since beta and then Corona since beta. I believe I have a good instinct for these things so my instinct tells me Vray might be the software for us to come back to sooner or later.

2022-04-03, 18:10:23
Reply #565

Hardleft121

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Not this Corona Renderer bashing, again.  They release feature after feature, rapidly, on an incredible product, for an extremely reasonable price.  Long live Corona Renderer and the talented, dedicated people who make it possible.  - Hardleft121

2022-04-04, 01:48:20
Reply #566

Streha

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Since we are moving towards Chaos this and that... can we also get ChaosFur into Corona? Will that work? When will it be implemented if ever?

Best regards,
Mike

Sadly, I'm thinking opposite. I think Corona lost a lot of steam when joining Chaos, i'm following Corona from the beginning, and i know there is super talented devs in Corona, but man, with more money, more resources, more devs joining corona, help from chaos devs, i see only problems, version after version comes out not fully finished, bugs, missing release dates they set in Trello, before we had 2 versions per year, now 1 (anyway, i'm cool with this).
Cards listed on Corona Trello been first implemented in Vray then Corona, don't know if this was just timing, or Corona devs needs also to help with some stuff in Vray.
And on top of everything, I can't imagine Corona devs being able to release any version without this great community on this forum. They reporting all bugs, problems, and testing not-released software for free.
If anything, by now they should have caught up with Vray and have features that we missing from Vray and other engines.

I just hope that my post will not offend anyone, it's just my view on things. I'm still rocking Corona v7, and for what I use it I don't have any problems, except ram optimizations.

2022-04-04, 05:43:45
Reply #567

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
geez you guys are harsh - not sure what you guys expect?  they are releasing feature after feature and i too have come from vray many years ago.  I have closely followed the daily build and for me, they have been awesome. 
The ONLY thing i do not like, is the new licensing system but its only a minor complaint :)

2022-04-04, 08:37:34
Reply #568

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile

Best regards,
Mike

Sadly, I'm thinking opposite. I think Corona lost a lot of steam when joining Chaos, i'm following Corona from the beginning, and i know there is super talented devs in Corona, but man, with more money, more resources, more devs joining corona, help from chaos devs, i see only problems, version after version comes out not fully finished, bugs, missing release dates they set in Trello, before we had 2 versions per year, now 1 (anyway, i'm cool with this).
Cards listed on Corona Trello been first implemented in Vray then Corona, don't know if this was just timing, or Corona devs needs also to help with some stuff in Vray.
And on top of everything, I can't imagine Corona devs being able to release any version without this great community on this forum. They reporting all bugs, problems, and testing not-released software for free.
If anything, by now they should have caught up with Vray and have features that we missing from Vray and other engines.

I just hope that my post will not offend anyone, it's just my view on things. I'm still rocking Corona v7, and for what I use it I don't have any problems, except ram optimizations.
Hi Guys,

Please take these points somewhere else on the forums (general discussion for example).

This thread is ONLY to do with the v8 daily builds and issues found with them. These kinds of discussions here (whether valid or not) can cause issues reported to get lost in the noise.

Thanks,

Rowan.
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2022-04-04, 08:39:10
Reply #569

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
confirm
I also noticed that a lot of things slowed down a lot on RC 2 - interactive render, material editor
render region does not use 100% CPU, the load is constantly changing 75-100%
CPU - 3970X
tone mapping is still raw, often does not work correctly
saved CXR files often open with lost tone mapping settings
map CoronaTonemapControl - cannot completely ignore tonemapping frame buffer
Also guys, i made a test with version 7 and version 8 and the interactive rendering its very slow and set the material editor even slower on latest version, tested on two machines; AMD thread ripper 3090x and 3970x, both 256gm ram, is almost impossible to work change a value on the material editors when the interactive rendering working
Hey,

Are either of you able to share a scene with me? I am interested in investiagting this asap.

Thanks,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!