Author Topic: Motion blur doesn't seems good  (Read 3154 times)

2021-06-02, 13:10:47

Waseem Dabbas

• Active Users
  • Architectural Visualizer
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
I'm trying to use motion blur in CoronaCamera for the first time, but it doesn't seem real, it seems like there are two layers, one for motion blurred car, other is like 20% opacity of the original car that has been not motion blurred, you can see the wheel and car parts looks clearly,  any idea why?
(note, draft render in the attachement)

2021-06-02, 16:28:51
Reply #1

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Are the wheels animated? If yes, there should be some motion blur there.
For very fast transforms or long exposures you might have to increase transform segments, this one is located in the renderer properties under the camera tab - note that you need to enable one of the motion blur types to be able to change the values, you can disable it after setting the value when using a CoronaCam.

2021-06-02, 17:38:00
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
If the car movement keyframes are at frame 0 (0% movement) and at frame 100 (100% movement), then is your screenshot showing the car at some frame between 0 and 100 (e.g. frame 50) or at frame 0, 100, or very close to 0 or 100?
If it's close to 0 or 100, then you are capturing the car standing still for some time, and then starting the movement. In that case, this result would be expected, as the same thing would happen in real life if you capture an image with a camera with long shutter speed.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2021-06-02, 19:38:15
Reply #3

Waseem Dabbas

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
If the car movement keyframes are at frame 0 (0% movement) and at frame 100 (100% movement), then is your screenshot showing the car at some frame between 0 and 100 (e.g. frame 50) or at frame 0, 100, or very close to 0 or 100?
If it's close to 0 or 100, then you are capturing the car standing still for some time, and then starting the movement. In that case, this result would be expected, as the same thing would happen in real life if you capture an image with a camera with long shutter speed.

That's exactly what happened.. it was standing in the last frame of the animated car.. when I change it to the middle, problem solved

Thank you very much.
I appreciate it.

2021-06-02, 19:41:46
Reply #4

Waseem Dabbas

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Are the wheels animated? If yes, there should be some motion blur there.
For very fast transforms or long exposures you might have to increase transform segments, this one is located in the renderer properties under the camera tab - note that you need to enable one of the motion blur types to be able to change the values, you can disable it after setting the value when using a CoronaCam.
I tried your method, but it didn't work, it works when I change the location of the frame as mentioned in the previous comment.
Thank you very much

2021-06-02, 21:14:09
Reply #5

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I tried your method, but it didn't work, it works when I change the location of the frame as mentioned in the previous comment.
Thank you very much

But you still need to animate wheels rotation, because it's pretty obvious that they are sliding but not rotating.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2021-06-03, 09:34:54
Reply #6

Waseem Dabbas

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
But you still need to animate wheels rotation, because it's pretty obvious that they are sliding but not rotating.
That's true, thank you very much for the advice