Author Topic: Can not render  (Read 1847 times)

2021-05-26, 02:43:45

risch@lei3.jp

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi there
I am a newbie and I have a problem when I rendered.

I could not render and the Current task was "endering pass 204~ "

I tried Corona camera but nothing changed.

Please help

2021-05-26, 02:55:07
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi! Sorry you are having problems. Unfortunately, I don't fully understand your problem, could you give more information? Which version of Max, and which version of Corona?

We'd need a description of what was going on, please. If the VFB said it was rendering pass 204 then it was in fact rendering - did it crash at pass 204? Was it just showing a black image in the VFB? Was there some error message? What kind of scene was it (you can submit it via private uploader, see https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000524006-how-to-report-issues-3ds-max). A screengrab of what was happening might be useful. The more information you can give, the easier it will be for us to help :)

Thanks!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2021-05-26, 09:20:26
Reply #2

risch@lei3.jp

• Users
    • View Profile
I can not explain well.
Here is the link

Render never finish

Thank you

2021-05-26, 12:56:31
Reply #3

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Corona will render indefinitely unless you specify a parameter that when reached will stop the rendering process. Those parameters are found under the Render settings -> Scene menu. In there they are called "Pass limit", "Time limit" and "Noise limit".

You can set any of the above parameters to your liking and that'll make Corona stop rendering.

But why is Corona rendering indefinitely? Well, Corona is a progressive renderer which means that each rendering "pass" adds more pixel information on top of the existing image. Basically, with each pass the image will be cleaner and less noisy because it will be better sampled.

So what if you stop rendering too soon? Well, the image will be still be "realistic" but it will be noisy. If you stop it real soon (at pass 1) in an interior it might be incredibly noisy. Leave it rendering for 50 more passes and you'll probably end up with a noise free image. No matter how much noise you have though, the realism will be there.

Probably the easiest parameter to control when it comes to stopping the rendering process is the noise limit. Typically you'll probably end up with a value of around 2-4% for most of your renders. In a studio environment it might be lower but in an interior it might be higher. Personally, because I always do test renders before I send something out, I just have it set to 3% and then if I think the image is still noisy I just render at 2% for the final image. From my experience in most projects you won't go below 1,5% or higher than 4%.

If you want to you can also set it to stop rendering after it does an X amount of passes. Typically, after using Corona for a while you'll probably have some sort of an idea of how many passes you need for a given scene but ultimately, you'll still probably do test renders in smaller resolution just in case. Alternatively, you can also just use a time limit.

Hope thats at least somewhat helpful :)
« Last Edit: 2021-05-26, 13:00:18 by Nejc Kilar »
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2021-05-26, 14:28:14
Reply #4

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

2021-05-27, 08:10:10
Reply #5