Author Topic: New daily build crashes c4d  (Read 4997 times)

2021-06-11, 05:04:48
Reply #15

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just a guess here, but I thought Corona is not yet able to run native on M1 chips, no? Assuming it cannot, there a thread about a trick to get Corona to run on M1 chips. Here's that specific post:

"Corona plugin isn't fully ported yet to natively work on M1 processors, but you can still run it using Rosetta.

First, please install latest daily build of Corona v7 if you don't have it already.

Then, you need to make sure Rosetta 2 is installed. You should be asked to install it any time you try to open any application that is compiled for Intel processors, so there is a good chance you already have it on your system. The quickest way to check it is to try to open Corona Image Editor - it should either open directly, meaning you already have Rosetta installed, or ask you to install Rosetta.

Afterwards, you can just switch your Cinema 4D to start using Rosetta so it can load Corona plugin. To do this, find Cinema 4D in you Applications folder, right click (or ctrl+click) its icon, select "Get Info" and check "Open using Rosetta". After this you should be able to open Cinema 4D as usual and Corona should load normally.

We realize this is not perfect and we are already investigating native support of M1 processors."

@Ales

2021-06-11, 15:45:55
Reply #16

rafaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just a guess here, but I thought Corona is not yet able to run native on M1 chips, no? Assuming it cannot, there a thread about a trick to get Corona to run on M1 chips. Here's that specific post:

"Corona plugin isn't fully ported yet to natively work on M1 processors, but you can still run it using Rosetta.

First, please install latest daily build of Corona v7 if you don't have it already.

Then, you need to make sure Rosetta 2 is installed. You should be asked to install it any time you try to open any application that is compiled for Intel processors, so there is a good chance you already have it on your system. The quickest way to check it is to try to open Corona Image Editor - it should either open directly, meaning you already have Rosetta installed, or ask you to install Rosetta.

Afterwards, you can just switch your Cinema 4D to start using Rosetta so it can load Corona plugin. To do this, find Cinema 4D in you Applications folder, right click (or ctrl+click) its icon, select "Get Info" and check "Open using Rosetta". After this you should be able to open Cinema 4D as usual and Corona should load normally.

We realize this is not perfect and we are already investigating native support of M1 processors."

@Ales

Thx for the response but, unfortunately its not the case. Rosetta is installed since day one, and all the steps are checked.

The only version that works so far is the 7 Daily Build Fev 17, all the others after that has been crashing on start up or like the last one when I click on render. It's kinda sad that dev team doesn't even have a machine to test on, which means NATIVE support is even further away... I've been with corona since early v2 versions and maybe it's time to look for a new render :/ 

2021-06-11, 21:07:57
Reply #17

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I know, that sound bad for developer to say "we don't have a machine to test on" even though they are taking money from people using that platform. Doesn't seem right.

2021-06-14, 09:11:01
Reply #18

mmarcotic

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Jan - C4D QA
    • View Profile
Hello all,

I just noticed the new Corona Renderer 7 for Cinema 4D (Daily Build 2021-06-05) release, I don't see any mention on either this thread issue got fixed or not. Or maybe it would be the

•Fixes of macOS build for legacy CPUs ?

This fix for legacy CPUs also included some M1 fixes, we unfortunately do not have an M1 available to us presently, so we hope that this fixed your issue.

Thanks,
Jan

Hello, I just tried the new release and it's not crashing on start up, therefore, it is crashing when i Hit render.
i've attached the bug report this time.

Latest daily, Mac M1, big sur 11.4

Thank you for this bugreport + additional information, I will update our internal task.

Thanks,
Jan
Learn how to report bugs for Corona in C4D here.

2021-06-15, 10:37:35
Reply #19

ChrysMacZ

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello all,

I just noticed the new Corona Renderer 7 for Cinema 4D (Daily Build 2021-06-05) release, I don't see any mention on either this thread issue got fixed or not. Or maybe it would be the

•Fixes of macOS build for legacy CPUs ?

This fix for legacy CPUs also included some M1 fixes, we unfortunately do not have an M1 available to us presently, so we hope that this fixed your issue.

Thanks,
Jan

Hello, I just tried the new release and it's not crashing on start up, therefore, it is crashing when i Hit render.
i've attached the bug report this time.

Latest daily, Mac M1, big sur 11.4

Hi all,

Exactly the same for me, this daily now don't crash C4D but crash when I clic render or try to create Corona material. (Fresh Clean Install and update of Mojave 10.14.6 - Radeon RX 580 - C4D R24.037 and Corona 7 Daily 2021-06-05 nothing more was installed).

Thanks,

Chrys

2021-06-15, 17:12:00
Reply #20

CJRenders

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Has this thread become a go to spot to report crashes? lol

2021-06-17, 16:32:03
Reply #21

mmarcotic

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Jan - C4D QA
    • View Profile
These crashes were pretty much identical (M1 chip under Rosetta)

Feel free to try out the release candidate build! It doesn't crash for us anymore internally.

Thanks,
Jan
Learn how to report bugs for Corona in C4D here.