Author Topic: Corona Renderer with Nvidia P4000 x2 SLI both connected  (Read 2453 times)

2021-02-25, 17:21:20

sapec

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello Guys,

I have an Nvidia P4000 card, and i think in have another one in my build, that because i want to Know if it´s possibel have both on SLI and work togheter on Interactive rendering ( NVIDIA GPU fast preview ) OPTIX nvidia support.
Any feedback ?

Many thanks.

2021-03-01, 22:13:12
Reply #1

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
The Optix "core" by itself does support SLI (and SLI through NVLink), as it's core nVidia product :- ). If the Optix Denoiser itself take advantage of it, I don't know but I think it hardly matters because the Optix denoiser is very lightweight and doesn't take much performance at all.
Regardless of what support GPU you have, it will still be miliseconds. It will take more for Corona framebuffer to refresh that it will take for denoiser to apply.

You can't specify though for each GPU to do something else because Corona doesn't support such differentiation. I.e GPU 1 for viewport, and GPU 2 for computation (Optix denoiser). Only GPU and mixed renderers have such options.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2021-03-02, 13:30:13
Reply #2

sapec

• Active Users
    • View Profile