Author Topic: Zoom in Interactive Rendering  (Read 4111 times)

2021-02-10, 23:32:31

Mettigel Hawaii

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys,
I am trying to render in coronas interactive rendering, but the problem is that I can't zoom out neither with mouse scrolling or the button on the top of the interactive rendering window. so I can't really see the whole composition. Does anyone know how to fix it?`
I am rendering on DIN A1 format with 200dpi. I am using two monitors and when i hit render the window drops out of my main monitor and is split on both monitors then.

2021-02-11, 01:17:39
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
IR by default scales to the size of the final render, and can't be reduced, but you can limit the max size for it in Corona -> Preferences as shown in the attachment (I limit it to 1,600 max, as a reasonable small size on 4K duals, but you can pick what works for you :) )

Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2021-02-11, 20:22:32
Reply #2

Mettigel Hawaii

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you, it's working now:)

2021-02-11, 20:42:40
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
You are welcome, and great to hear you have it set up the way you want!

2021-02-11, 21:10:46
Reply #4

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Hi Tom, is there any particular reason why Corona for 3ds Max doesn't have IR resolution limit?
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2021-02-12, 13:28:33
Reply #5

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Because you can just resize the IR window in Max, making it as small as you like using the usual windows resizing:) This is not possible in C4D, the window will by default be the same size as your final render and can't be made smaller, so the addition of this max resolution was introduced to circumvent that.

(EDIT - Also, I don't think the Max IR window ever gets larger than one monitor, unless you scale it up yourself, while in C4D without this parameter, the IR will open at 8K if you are doing an 8K render, all very awkward without this extra parameter.)

2021-02-12, 15:48:56
Reply #6

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Because you can just resize the IR window in Max, making it as small as you like using the usual windows resizing:) This is not possible in C4D, the window will by default be the same size as your final render and can't be made smaller, so the addition of this max resolution was introduced to circumvent that.

(EDIT - Also, I don't think the Max IR window ever gets larger than one monitor, unless you scale it up yourself, while in C4D without this parameter, the IR will open at 8K if you are doing an 8K render, all very awkward without this extra parameter.)

For what its worth this user right here much prefers the way the c4d VFB works. In 3ds Max I'm having a much harder time rendering from the final camera angle in 4k resolution in order to tweak that material the client wants to be more polished :) Even on a 4k screen. That said, if we could just toggle how the VFB behaves (3ds Max or the C4D way) that'd be best solution, lol.
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2021-02-12, 15:59:08
Reply #7

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Feature request post, please! :)

2021-02-12, 16:13:22
Reply #8

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
How about... Making a View panel w/ Interactive Viewport on... ?

But I guess I missed a point here... Mostly I don't care about zooming and panning around... twitching makes me anxious. :) Which gives me a sign of me being weary, undecided, getting nervous, unproductive. So I walk away for a moment. Keeping a mental picture within mind and process it way faster. So after, when I come back, I just concentrate and focus solving a detail that bothered me.

IDK, I just prefer not to consider myself being a PEBCAK :D
« Last Edit: 2021-02-12, 16:23:59 by burnin »

2021-02-18, 23:11:51
Reply #9

Stefan-L

• Active Users
    • View Profile
but please guys let us zoom out in IPR too,not onlyin final render!
atmi can zoom in, but ot out, this is nto the same as setting a max res(whch is a great feature)

it is often goodfor setting upa scene to view it totaly zoomedout toget an abstract oberallook. imean the same wayas one can zoomout a finalrendering,but for setup this woudeb much moreimportant for arrtistic reasons.

does anybody understand what i mean:) ?

Stefan