Author Topic: V7 (Latest Build Jan) Random Crashes...  (Read 1988 times)

2021-01-29, 19:20:29

johnnyswedish

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Team Corona,

I have had random crashes (only while working on simple things, not rendering) on V7 for the last week. I have reverted to R6 and no crashes so defo V7. I'm using R23, Windows 10 Pro, Intel i9 10th Gen, 64 GB and RTX 2080. Have a good weeeeeeeekend team :-) John

2021-01-29, 20:49:17
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
For crashes, the bug report.txt is useful, pretty much a must. Sadly with the current info of "it crashes sometimes, but the previous version doesn't" there is nothing we can look into to fix those crashes. An actual mention of what one of those things you were working on would be a must too. See https://help.c4d.corona-renderer.com/support/solutions/articles/12000033461-how-to-report-issues-c4d for the info we need, where to find the bug_reports.txt and so on. In terms of making sure those crashes are fixed, best thing to do is reinstall the latest daily, and next time it crashes note what you were doing, send in the bug_report.txt, and maybe even the scene :) Thanks!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2021-02-01, 13:03:37
Reply #2

johnnyswedish

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Tom,

Unfortunately when it does crash it just exits without a bug report at all (really annoying because I cant give you feed back to look into). I have been running V6 without a single crash now. I will install V7 at some point and get back to you. Have a good week :-) John

2021-02-02, 10:01:38
Reply #3

mmarcotic

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Jan - C4D QA
    • View Profile
Hey,

thank you for contributing! If possible, having the problematic scene always helps us, as well as writing down what you were doing prior to the crash.

Jan
Learn how to report bugs for Corona in C4D here.