Author Topic: DR map network problem  (Read 6809 times)

2014-03-19, 21:42:42

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys, we just test that the dr doesnt recognize network map folders or network folders, only local on server machines, this also apply to bitmaps and proxys, havent tested with xref scenes yet. hope it helps

2014-03-19, 23:23:23
Reply #1

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
The DR just launches 3dsmax as if you would do so locally. Seach for file "received_scene.max" in the DrServer location on the slave. Try opening and rendering it - does it render with textures? If not, you may need to set up the asset paths in 3dsmax to make it work.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-03-20, 14:11:18
Reply #2

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
we have done this already, the problem its with the files that are alocatted on the server, we have 5 machines and one server with all the textures so all the machines have virtual mapped disks calling the server, all with the same name path, the dr doesnt find them, no textures, no proxys (that work as textures or referenced files).

2014-03-20, 14:21:44
Reply #3

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
we have done this already, the problem its with the files that are alocatted on the server, we have 5 machines and one server with all the textures so all the machines have virtual mapped disks calling the server, all with the same name path, the dr doesnt find them, no textures, no proxys (that work as textures or referenced files).

Open 3ds Max asset tracker, and check that all paths are set. Make sure their state is OK or Network Path. Sometimes it reports state called "Found". This is very confusing, as it has found the textures, but does not save the path, so on other machines, these paths will not be used. Not sure that is the source of problem, but it is worth a try ;)

2014-03-20, 17:12:04
Reply #4

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
done it, it show found on all of them and also shos on the proxies the network path

2014-03-20, 18:31:14
Reply #5

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
So there's your problem. It should NOT show Found on any of them. OK or Network path status is good - Found status is bad. ;)

2014-03-20, 22:01:38
Reply #6

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ok, so this is a personal network problem? because thats the path for the slave, the main computer doesnt says found, any ideas how to fix this?

2014-03-20, 22:17:38
Reply #7

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Just make sure path is same for all of the computers :)

2014-03-20, 22:23:23
Reply #8

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
but thats the strange thing, it does, all the slaves have the same paths exactly

2014-03-21, 17:38:12
Reply #9

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
ok, my knowledge of asset tracking is limited, but from the discussion it looks like 3dsmax problem
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-03-23, 17:13:33
Reply #10

ktulu

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I had the same issue - even though all my slaves would show the correct path and status as 'Network Path', during render the bitmaps wouldn't show.

Resolving all paths to UNC Location did the trick.
Asset Tracking (Shift + T) - Right click -> Resolve Path to UNC Location.

Hope it helps.