Author Topic: Color Leaks on furniture  (Read 1340 times)

2020-10-20, 15:54:59

JanCZ

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi everyone,

this is a newbie question as I've been using 3ds max for about a week now and have 0 experience.

I stage rooms for my real estate clients but it seems that whenever I import my scene into the picture the scene adopts the color of the image. This makes the final render very dark and unrealistic. How can I avoid these color leaks?

Material Editor:

Bitmap is my main image set to screen

Corona Shadow Catcher set to environment projection onto geometry and alpha mode is always sold.

I also feel the final renders dont have same texture as they should.

Thank you,

Jan

2020-11-06, 17:18:44
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi, and sorry for the delay. Unfortunately I do not understand the issue from your description, and also cannot see anything I would call "color leaks" when looking at the attached image. Can you maybe circle the problematic areas of the image?

I also didn't fully understand what exactly you are doing. For example this part is confusing to me, and I don't get it what the task here is: "whenever I import my scene into the picture the scene adopts the color of the image"

Sorry, and thanks in advance for your explanations!
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2020-11-06, 22:19:29
Reply #2

mferster

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It sounds like Jan is using a photo backplate with the shadowcatcher material to add furniture to the empty rooms.

and that the environment map is causing unwanted color bleed to furniture she is adding in. If that is indeed the case Jan I would put your environment map backplate into what is called the CoronaRaySwitch map.

What it does is allow you to use separate maps for the visibility, global illumination and reflections. You will want to add your backplate to the direct visibility slot and then change the color of the global illumination to white or light grey.

But with all that being said the result you are showing looks fairly natural to me. The walls are tan so you would indeed to expect to have that same color bleed in real life.