Author Topic: Interior Design Out of Windows Objects  (Read 1025 times)

2020-10-17, 15:45:11

Vennatis

• Users
    • View Profile
Hello, i have been learning 3dsmax for 3 months and i have a problem about interior design. When i look at the other projects in behance i can see different things in windows. Here is the example. Theese objects that are out from windows are so brigtht and a little bit misty. I tried many methos about this but i couldnt figure it out. I used corona sky and corona sun combination. Note. That building that is out of windows is not photo. This is 3d model

This is scene from behance

This is my scene
« Last Edit: 2020-10-17, 15:50:33 by Vennatis »

2020-10-17, 16:23:02
Reply #1

jms.lwly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • jms.lwly studio
Hey! The best starting point would be to think about how these spaces would all be photographed in real life, and then apply that to your CGIs.

Both of your examples from Behance have very small window openings - so to get a good image, the 'photographer' would have to increase the exposure of the image so the interiors are light. This then over-exposes the view outside the windows, creating the 'bright and misty' effect you mention.

By comparison, your example has a very large window - so to get a good image, the 'photographer' would probably be able to expose the photo correctly for the inside and outside space, which wouldn't give you the same effect.

Without changing the design of the space / windows etc, you could also create this effect by making the sunlight much stronger, and playing with the direction of the sun. This would make your exterior much brighter, and you could use the direction of the sun to still give your interior a soft diffuse light.