Author Topic: Alpha v6 released  (Read 234305 times)

2014-03-21, 16:14:51
Reply #180

woshilvba

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@Woshilvba: Can you upload an screenshot with the exact error so Keymaster can take a look? usually that helps a lot because maybe the problem is somewhere else, think that max 2011 is a very old version of max (but if corona supports it it should be working nevertheless).

Also do you have the possibility to install 2012/13 or 14 and check if it works there (at least 14 in trial mode) to discard an specific 2011 problem.

I have to say that I don't work with keymaster, I say that because i'm asking for a screenshot so keymaster can watch it and maybe he don't need it, it's just that I think this can help Keymaster to understand what is happening and it can help us to help you to solve the problem (after many years of alpha/beta testing other packages )

Also another thing that can help is a video instead of a picture, and also another thing that can help to discard other problems is to make a clean install of max.

BTW when you start max, the crash is just for corona but you can work with max, or does it crashes max completely? If it's the latter, does it brings you a CER windows? (I think you can see the CER details, but I'm not sure about that, i don't remember exactly)
Other possibility is some kind of incompatibility with another plugin (but that's weird because many more people could be having the same problem)

I hope this can bring some light into the table, these kind of errors are a pain in the ass and usually are silly things like a missplaced file or similar :P

Cheers.
Other people have no problem using the MAX2011.
« Last Edit: 2014-03-21, 16:19:20 by woshilvba »

2014-03-21, 16:32:25
Reply #181

woshilvba

• Active Users
    • View Profile
2 questions:

What happened to the displacement in Alpha 6? My previous V4  worked great now it seems misconfigured.

Why is taking more time to render, do I have to change something to make my scene lighter?

Thanks.

displacement controls changed, so they are probably reset to defaults in your scene. Just re-set the displacement height.

About the speed: some scenes are  now faster, some are slower due to additional overhead from implemented features. If it is small slowdown I would ignore it, if it is markant, I can take a look at the scene.
I found the cause of the error! ! Conflict with Vray! ! I uninstalled Vray, Max 2011 can work. My God! !

2014-03-21, 16:37:32
Reply #182

woshilvba

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@Woshilvba: Can you upload an screenshot with the exact error so Keymaster can take a look? usually that helps a lot because maybe the problem is somewhere else, think that max 2011 is a very old version of max (but if corona supports it it should be working nevertheless).

Also do you have the possibility to install 2012/13 or 14 and check if it works there (at least 14 in trial mode) to discard an specific 2011 problem.

I have to say that I don't work with keymaster, I say that because i'm asking for a screenshot so keymaster can watch it and maybe he don't need it, it's just that I think this can help Keymaster to understand what is happening and it can help us to help you to solve the problem (after many years of alpha/beta testing other packages )

Also another thing that can help is a video instead of a picture, and also another thing that can help to discard other problems is to make a clean install of max.

BTW when you start max, the crash is just for corona but you can work with max, or does it crashes max completely? If it's the latter, does it brings you a CER windows? (I think you can see the CER details, but I'm not sure about that, i don't remember exactly)
Other possibility is some kind of incompatibility with another plugin (but that's weird because many more people could be having the same problem)

I hope this can bring some light into the table, these kind of errors are a pain in the ass and usually are silly things like a missplaced file or similar :P

Cheers.
I found the cause of the error! ! Conflict with Vray! ! I uninstalled Vray, Max 2011 can work. My God! ! However, an error rendering window.

2014-03-21, 16:42:44
Reply #183

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I found the cause of the error! ! Conflict with Vray! ! I uninstalled Vray, Max 2011 can work. My God! ! However, an error rendering window.
Go to this location: C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax(Design)\2014 - 64bit\ENU\en-US\plugcfg\corona and delete config-xxx.conf files. It will cure itself :]
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2014-03-21, 17:14:09
Reply #184

woshilvba

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Go to this location: C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax(Design)\2014 - 64bit\ENU\en-US\plugcfg\corona and delete config-xxx.conf files. It will cure itself :]
No, this method is useless.

2014-03-21, 17:19:56
Reply #185

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
hit the reset button in vfb settings in corona settings in 3dsmax
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-03-21, 17:47:39
Reply #186

blackice

• Users
    • View Profile
Excellent work Ondra!

2014-03-21, 20:41:28
Reply #187

zi_1

• Users
    • View Profile
im really eagier to try corona , i downloaded the A6 from the link above several time , im getting ivalid win 32 application
help

2014-03-21, 21:37:38
Reply #188

ogneed

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you very much Keymaster!

2014-03-21, 21:54:46
Reply #189

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Congrats woshilvba!!!

Cheers.

2014-03-21, 22:59:31
Reply #190

merlauzen

I'm new to Corona and now....i want to render!
:-)

Thanx to all

2014-03-22, 00:54:31
Reply #191

longhard

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you very much!!

2014-03-22, 10:08:44
Reply #192

jungsoo83

• Active Users
    • View Profile
where can i find the drserver.exe to run on the slaves? for the purpose of DR rendering?

2014-03-22, 10:40:38
Reply #193

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
there is option to install it in the installer
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-03-22, 14:04:51
Reply #194

jungsoo83

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hi,

Thanks for the instruction. DR servers are now installed.

I had tried using multi-texture map with DR and was getting discrepancies between local rendering vs DR.

Please see below attachments for your review.

A6_Multitexture Map_01: Floor Tile using multi texture map in Diffuse, Gloss, Reflection & Bump rendered locally

A6_Multitexture Map_02: Same floor tile rendered using DR