Author Topic: Alpha v6 released  (Read 234291 times)

2014-03-20, 19:37:13
Reply #165

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@Woshilvba: Can you upload an screenshot with the exact error so Keymaster can take a look? usually that helps a lot because maybe the problem is somewhere else, think that max 2011 is a very old version of max (but if corona supports it it should be working nevertheless).

Also do you have the possibility to install 2012/13 or 14 and check if it works there (at least 14 in trial mode) to discard an specific 2011 problem.

I have to say that I don't work with keymaster, I say that because i'm asking for a screenshot so keymaster can watch it and maybe he don't need it, it's just that I think this can help Keymaster to understand what is happening and it can help us to help you to solve the problem (after many years of alpha/beta testing other packages )

Also another thing that can help is a video instead of a picture, and also another thing that can help to discard other problems is to make a clean install of max.

BTW when you start max, the crash is just for corona but you can work with max, or does it crashes max completely? If it's the latter, does it brings you a CER windows? (I think you can see the CER details, but I'm not sure about that, i don't remember exactly)
Other possibility is some kind of incompatibility with another plugin (but that's weird because many more people could be having the same problem)

I hope this can bring some light into the table, these kind of errors are a pain in the ass and usually are silly things like a missplaced file or similar :P

Cheers.

2014-03-20, 21:50:36
Reply #166

Hamsapaksham

• Users
    • View Profile
2 questions:

What happened to the displacement in Alpha 6? My previous V4  worked great now it seems misconfigured.

Why is taking more time to render, do I have to change something to make my scene lighter?

Thanks.

2014-03-20, 22:13:43
Reply #167

rafpug

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Many thanks to Ondra and Corona Team!

Grande Corona Render.

2014-03-20, 23:50:48
Reply #168

jungsoo83

• Active Users
    • View Profile
too good to be true....

trying my best to believe it's true....

still cant believe it's true....

yep it's true.

2014-03-21, 01:15:31
Reply #169

janur

Greats Thanks Fo You.....

2014-03-21, 02:46:29
Reply #170

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
2 questions:

What happened to the displacement in Alpha 6? My previous V4  worked great now it seems misconfigured.

Why is taking more time to render, do I have to change something to make my scene lighter?

Thanks.

displacement controls changed, so they are probably reset to defaults in your scene. Just re-set the displacement height.

About the speed: some scenes are  now faster, some are slower due to additional overhead from implemented features. If it is small slowdown I would ignore it, if it is markant, I can take a look at the scene.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-03-21, 06:52:55
Reply #171

Shadowheart Itachi

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi...
Sorry but i cant find the download though i still see the link

Here is the download link: http://corona-renderer.com/stuff/a6/
Similarly to A5, it comes with a practical installer. You need to close all running 3dsmax instances to install it. If you prefer to copy it manually, you can choose "extract" option in the installer to get just the files. If you come across any kind of error, please report it in the bug reporting section fo the forum: http://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/board,2.20.html.

One common problem encountered are crashes upon startup on machines with modern processors and Windows 7. You can solve it by installing all Windows system updates.

Enjoy, let us know, how do you like it, what features would you like added, and remember, rendering is magic!
Ondra & the Corona team.
[/quote]

2014-03-21, 07:21:35
Reply #172

arvian

• Users
    • View Profile
thank you :)

2014-03-21, 09:47:54
Reply #173

nguyennanhdo

• Users
    • View Profile
Thank all :)

2014-03-21, 10:32:39
Reply #174

gabrielefx

• Active Users
    • View Profile
many thanks.
you are rewriting the history of computer graphics.
Intel should build a statue for you.

Just one question:
I can't find the rt feature but probably is not implemented yet.

2014-03-21, 10:54:23
Reply #175

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
it is still unfinished, so it is hidden
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-03-21, 11:49:13
Reply #176

mrsacan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
almost every a5 scenes renders slower now, but I made a new scene after installing a6 and it's much much faster.

when I was installing I also selected "clean older version (or something like that)" option, so I assume when you try to render an old scene (old materials, lights) with new version it's kinda problematic. probably remaking materials and lights would fix this issue.

2014-03-21, 12:34:42
Reply #177

yagi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@keymaster..... em,  im new to DR, pls is there any work flow, tutorials, things i should know( hardware n number of systems) necessary to get it done.  i want to try it out on several z800 hp workstations systems at the office all connected via server and don't know how to go about it. just a simple step by step or link will do..... its urgent, thanks

2014-03-21, 12:49:00
Reply #178

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
almost every a5 scenes renders slower now, but I made a new scene after installing a6 and it's much much faster.

when I was installing I also selected "clean older version (or something like that)" option, so I assume when you try to render an old scene (old materials, lights) with new version it's kinda problematic. probably remaking materials and lights would fix this issue.

Corona is really simple piece of software, there is no crosstalk between different versions. The "clean older versions" is purely cosmetic, it will not affect the functionality in any way.

@keymaster..... em,  im new to DR, pls is there any work flow, tutorials, things i should know( hardware n number of systems) necessary to get it done.  i want to try it out on several z800 hp workstations systems at the office all connected via server and don't know how to go about it. just a simple step by step or link will do..... its urgent, thanks
Just run DrServer.exe on all slaves and the click search LAN on master. And use it only for lengthy renders (30 minutes+)

2014-03-21, 14:51:55
Reply #179

d252

• Active Users
  • PlsGo3D
    • View Profile
    • art3d.ru
Thank you sir! yeah Distributed rendering!