Author Topic: Corona Renderer 7 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 175775 times)

2021-07-16, 14:04:16
Reply #615

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Just to add to the 'mapping should look identical years later', something interesting happened to me recently.
I rendered some initial images for a client. Quite a few materials used noise maps for different material properties. Then, my son wanted to install minecraft on my workstation, I hesitated but finally agreed - I knew I was asking for trouble and I got what I deserved.
The next time I rendered the same images - exactly the same file - all noises had a different look, like their seed has changed. ALL of them.
It wasn't too critical since it wasn't a final. But whatever caused it, must have been caused by installing other software on the machine, Max and Corona were not touched in any way.
Max noise is horrible and uses rand() feature
rand() is horrible by design and should not be used
Old Microsoft C++ implementations were horrible and it is not entirely out of question that the installer installed over the redistributables with another version that had different implementation of rand()
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2021-07-16, 14:36:31
Reply #616

Kris H

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello
i attached a simple scene and one vdb cloud .
all the info needed included in a txt file

https://workupload.com/file/Wk3W3nT7ctB

thank you.

Hi Meda!

Thank you very much. Your issue has been reported.

Kind Regards,
Kris

(Report ID=CRMAX-809)
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us
Send me your scene

2021-07-20, 09:50:23
Reply #617

bud85

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello, how i can convert phisicalmat -> legacy for previos versions of corona?
and ColorEdge itoo plugin not working on this version =(

2021-07-20, 10:44:04
Reply #618

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,

Unfortunately there is no way to convert from CoronaPhysicalMtl to CoronaLegacyMtl.

Regarding the colorEdge plugin not working, from my quick tests it seems like this never worked with Corona. I will log this and send it on to our dev team.

Thanks,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2021-07-20, 10:47:49
Reply #619

bud85

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Unfortunately there is no way to convert from CoronaPhysicalMtl to CoronaLegacyMtl.

Regarding the colorEdge plugin not working, from my quick tests it seems like this never worked with Corona. I will log this and send it on to our dev team.

Thanks,

Rowan

in this video colorEdge working in corona 4

2021-07-20, 11:16:37
Reply #620

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I never tried color edge plugin, but you can get the same, or even more complex result with the standard tools of 3ds Max, namely face mapping and gradient ramp.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2021-07-20, 12:03:51
Reply #621

bud85

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I never tried color edge plugin, but you can get the same, or even more complex result with the standard tools of 3ds Max, namely face mapping and gradient ramp.
it will be usefull for me in this work.

2021-07-21, 03:03:12
Reply #622

ONO

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Just to add to the 'mapping should look identical years later', something interesting happened to me recently.
I rendered some initial images for a client. Quite a few materials used noise maps for different material properties. Then, my son wanted to install minecraft on my workstation, I hesitated but finally agreed - I knew I was asking for trouble and I got what I deserved.
The next time I rendered the same images - exactly the same file - all noises had a different look, like their seed has changed. ALL of them.
It wasn't too critical since it wasn't a final. But whatever caused it, must have been caused by installing other software on the machine, Max and Corona were not touched in any way.
Max noise is horrible and uses rand() feature
rand() is horrible by design and should not be used
Old Microsoft C++ implementations were horrible and it is not entirely out of question that the installer installed over the redistributables with another version that had different implementation of rand()
Since the 3dMax noise map is bad. Should we be expecting a Corona Noise Map in V8?

2021-07-21, 10:17:10
Reply #623

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
There's already plenty of noise map implementations in 3ds max, siger noise (free), osl noise in recent max versions, to name a few. I think it would be better if we let Corona team to concentrate their attention on things that are missing.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2021-07-29, 12:35:38
Reply #624

Kris H

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey Devs,

Can i please make a relatively simple request if it isnt possible already?  So when creating proxies using built in script, when there is existing proxy files, it asks only to overrite - is it possible to add a function to 'use existing' from within that folder? 
If not can this somehow be added?  would be super helpful

Hey,

Could you please provide us some more info about your idea? :)

Thank you in advance,
Kris
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us
Send me your scene