Author Topic: Corona Renderer 7 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 175741 times)

2021-07-14, 18:15:32
Reply #600

jms.lwly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • jms.lwly studio
Checker -> UVW Randomizer (Mesh Element mode, use U and/or V offset 0 to 1) -> pipe to 1. Diffuse, 2. Displacement. Could also not repro any discrepancy in other slots.
Inspection : https://bit.ly/3czv3il

Regards,
Avi

(Report ID=CRMAX-687)

Just to add to this one, UVW Randomizer doesn't work correctly when used with a CoronaDisplacementMod - the same (incorrect) randomisation which doesn't match the Diffuse is applied.

Just checking, this doesn't appear to have been resolved - looking at the release notes for RC6 there is something about UVW Randomisation - but as far as I can see it still applies a different randomisation to Displace vs all other slots?

2021-07-14, 19:38:51
Reply #601

scionik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is Render to Texture broken with Corona?
Hi,
Please can you provide some more info? For example; what exactly is broken, Corona Version, 3ds Max version and if possible a scene demonstrating the issue.

3ds Max 2022, corona-7-3dsmax-daily-2021-05-20
It doesn't work with any simple scene

please see the link 

Thanks
Fixed in RC6 :)

Great. Thank you very much. Now works fine!

2021-07-14, 23:06:34
Reply #602

Meda

• Users
    • View Profile
not sure how the new Volume Effect (Aerial Perspective ) Handel other volumetric effects. but here is test using VBD file in CVolume Grid.
check the links below

https://ibb.co/RC54Gfb
https://ibb.co/MSRybpg
https://ibb.co/k8bVczG
https://ibb.co/n69dVs6

2021-07-15, 09:11:09
Reply #603

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Just checking, this doesn't appear to have been resolved - looking at the release notes for RC6 there is something about UVW Randomisation - but as far as I can see it still applies a different randomisation to Displace vs all other slots?
Hi,

So far this hasn't been fixed, sadly I don't think it will make it into v7. I believe this issue has been around for quite some time, and fails only when the UVW randomiser is set to mesh element mode.

I will let you know when I have some more information.

Thanks,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2021-07-15, 09:17:29
Reply #604

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

So far this hasn't been fixed, sadly I don't think it will make it into v7. I believe this issue has been around for quite some time, and fails only when the UVW randomiser is set to mesh element mode.

Thanks,

Rowan

Would be more than happy to wait for a final release if this gets fixed.  It's really important on things like floors, tiled walls, cladding etc made with floorgen

2021-07-15, 10:02:39
Reply #605

Kris H

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
not sure how the new Volume Effect (Aerial Perspective ) Handel other volumetric effects. but here is test using VBD file in CVolume Grid.
check the links below

https://ibb.co/RC54Gfb
https://ibb.co/MSRybpg
https://ibb.co/k8bVczG
https://ibb.co/n69dVs6

Hi Meda,

Unfortunately I'm not able to reproduce your issue. Could you please send us your scene so we can investigate it?
And also, which version of Corona and 3dsMax are you using?

Thank you in advance,
Kris
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us
Send me your scene

2021-07-15, 10:58:43
Reply #606

jms.lwly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • jms.lwly studio
Would be more than happy to wait for a final release if this gets fixed.  It's really important on things like floors, tiled walls, cladding etc made with floorgen

Agreed - didn't have this problem with UVW Randomise in v6, and it's frustrating that this broke in v7 and doesn't sound like its getting fixed.
At this rate I'll be skipping v7 and hoping this is fixed in v8, not ideal.

2021-07-15, 11:08:38
Reply #607

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
If it was/is working in v6 but it's broken in v7 then old v6 scenes rendered in v7 will not look correct, is that the case? If so that will certainly need fixing, I agree. We rely on being able to re-render scenes correctly all the time, sometimes years later. Naturally certain shading things might be different, that's fair, but fundamental texture mapping etc. must be retained IMO.
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2021-07-15, 11:27:54
Reply #608

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Thanks,

Rowan

If it's been around for quite some time, then all the more reason it should be fixed so we can use the feature properly/to it's full potential

2021-07-15, 14:19:59
Reply #609

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
If it was/is working in v6 but it's broken in v7 then old v6 scenes rendered in v7 will not look correct, is that the case? If so that will certainly need fixing, I agree. We rely on being able to re-render scenes correctly all the time, sometimes years later. Naturally certain shading things might be different, that's fair, but fundamental texture mapping etc. must be retained IMO.

Agreed - didn't have this problem with UVW Randomise in v6, and it's frustrating that this broke in v7 and doesn't sound like its getting fixed.
At this rate I'll be skipping v7 and hoping this is fixed in v8, not ideal.

Hi Guys,

For the record UVWRandomizer in mesh element mode did not work with displacement (2.5d or old) in v6 or in v5 and older.

The other modes in the UVWRandomizer do function correctly with displacement.

If you can show me a scenario where this worked in v6 and is broken in v7, please do so and I will look into it immediately.

Thanks,

Rowan
« Last Edit: 2021-07-15, 14:23:57 by rowmanns »
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2021-07-15, 14:44:04
Reply #610

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
We rely on being able to re-render scenes correctly all the time, sometimes years later.

Then there is no other option but using exactly that software version which was used to create the scene originally. Many features will change, just think of post processing in v8 and what that means to the resulting image(s).  You cannot expect to get 1:1 results in future versions, but fortunately we can use the Corona multiloaders to easily load an older version side by side for that reason (amongst others).

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2021-07-15, 15:17:37
Reply #611

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
We rely on being able to re-render scenes correctly all the time, sometimes years later.

Then there is no other option but using exactly that software version which was used to create the scene originally. Many features will change, just think of post processing in v8 and what that means to the resulting image(s).  You cannot expect to get 1:1 results in future versions, but fortunately we can use the Corona multiloaders to easily load an older version side by side for that reason (amongst others).

Good Luck

You only quoted the first half of my message? That's why I said that "Naturally certain shading things might be different, that's fair, but fundamental texture mapping etc. must be retained IMO". Of course certain things will look a little different a version down the line, but not mapping or other fundamental things that are down to artistic choice.
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2021-07-15, 15:46:10
Reply #612

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Hey Alex,

You only quoted the first half of my message?

Yes, because I refer to what I quote usually ;] Didn't wanted to falsify. I just wanted to encourage you (and others maybe) to make use of that option. And the quoted part was the core of the message - matching generally. Having 5 years+ projects as well, using the multiloaders avoided already a lot of trouble here and I think it is calming to know that you always can fallback without destroying your production environment.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2021-07-15, 20:08:35
Reply #613

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just to add to the 'mapping should look identical years later', something interesting happened to me recently.
I rendered some initial images for a client. Quite a few materials used noise maps for different material properties. Then, my son wanted to install minecraft on my workstation, I hesitated but finally agreed - I knew I was asking for trouble and I got what I deserved.
The next time I rendered the same images - exactly the same file - all noises had a different look, like their seed has changed. ALL of them.
It wasn't too critical since it wasn't a final. But whatever caused it, must have been caused by installing other software on the machine, Max and Corona were not touched in any way.

2021-07-15, 22:54:07
Reply #614

Meda

• Users
    • View Profile
Hello
i attached a simple scene and one vdb cloud .
all the info needed included in a txt file

https://workupload.com/file/Wk3W3nT7ctB

thank you.