Author Topic: Corona Renderer 7 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 175644 times)

2021-07-08, 14:38:13
Reply #585

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi, I'm not able to submit bug report via web.
JFYI: You can as well contact us by email at support@corona-renderer.com - it will work exactly the same way (create a new support ticket in our system).

corona select can't be used in the scene environment on the single map anymore? That's too bad, because we could use several hdri without the need for lightmix, which actually weighs a lot on the render.

What exactly seems to be the problem? (see the attached screenshot)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2021-07-08, 17:07:56
Reply #586

gioba

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hi guys; the new pbr configuration will be avaiable also in glossiness version or roughness only?

2021-07-08, 17:10:35
Reply #587

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
hi guys; the new pbr configuration will be avaiable also in glossiness version or roughness only?

You can choose to use either - you can change that per material, but you can also use the System settings to decide which you prefer as the default. The same is true for IOR / Specular.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2021-07-08, 17:42:15
Reply #588

gioba

• Active Users
    • View Profile

You can choose to use either - you can change that per material, but you can also use the System settings to decide which you prefer as the default. The same is true for IOR / Specular.

oh great, thanks man

2021-07-09, 15:38:55
Reply #589

dumbrava.traian

• Users
    • View Profile
Does anyone have problems with Forest pack and Corona 7 RC 5? when i try with corona-7-3dsmax-daily-2021-06-03 work good but with Corona 7 RC 5 i think with the new converter desen't even start the render if i have a forestpack obj on the scene

2021-07-09, 16:52:58
Reply #590

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Does anyone have problems with Forest pack and Corona 7 RC 5? when i try with corona-7-3dsmax-daily-2021-06-03 work good but with Corona 7 RC 5 i think with the new converter desen't even start the render if i have a forestpack obj on the scene
Hi,

There is an issue with using older versions of ForestPack at the moment, we are working on a fix for it, however a quick workaround would be to install the latest version of ForestPack.

Cheers,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2021-07-09, 17:00:27
Reply #591

dumbrava.traian

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

There is an issue with using older versions of ForestPack at the moment, we are working on a fix for it, however a quick workaround would be to install the latest version of ForestPack.

Cheers,

Rowan

Thanks for the reply , At the moment i have reinstall corona-7-3dsmax-daily-2021-06-03 i feel is more stable and since i have some time limitations at the moment i will keep it these way , hope you will fix it in the next daily builds (ps it will be really nice if you put in changelog -fix forestpack compatibility so other users will know it) Thank you and keep up the good work.

2021-07-12, 17:09:03
Reply #592

niljut

• Active Users
    • View Profile
What happened to the new color selector dialog? It was on the road map for version 7, then pushed to version 8, and now it's gone. I was unreasonably hyped for it. 😂

2021-07-12, 17:15:53
Reply #593

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
Don't worry, it doesn't mean that we're scrapping this. During v8 planning, we just decided that it isn't really a trello-grade feature :)

2021-07-13, 12:42:50
Reply #594

Jon Evans

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi there, RC5 is running really well. Do you happen to know how far we are from an official release?

2021-07-13, 12:48:22
Reply #595

enrico.lapponi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello! I'm having continuous crashes in the scene you see in the attachment. It's a spotlight made by a cylinder, then a cone with a CoronaVolumetric Material applied to it, and a CoronaLight set to Disc for the lighting.
When the Interactive Rendering stars Max crashes, sometimes. In other cases, it crashes after moving the spotlight or changing a parameter in the CoronaLight.
The behavior only happens when the Secondary Solver is set to UHD Cache, when set to Path Tracing it works fine.
I'm working with 3ds Max 2022.0 and Corona 7 RC5.
Is this a known bug? The scene is in the attachments.
Thanks,
3D Artist / R&D Manager @ State of Art in Venice, Italy

2021-07-14, 09:31:04
Reply #596

Kris H

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello! I'm having continuous crashes in the scene you see in the attachment. It's a spotlight made by a cylinder, then a cone with a CoronaVolumetric Material applied to it, and a CoronaLight set to Disc for the lighting.
When the Interactive Rendering stars Max crashes, sometimes. In other cases, it crashes after moving the spotlight or changing a parameter in the CoronaLight.
The behavior only happens when the Secondary Solver is set to UHD Cache, when set to Path Tracing it works fine.
Thanks,
Hello enrico.lapponi!

Thank you for reporting this to us, I've reproduced the issue and it will be investigated.

(Report ID=CRMAX-798)
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us
Send me your scene

2021-07-14, 10:07:33
Reply #597

enrico.lapponi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks,
Hello enrico.lapponi!

Thank you for reporting this to us, I've reproduced the issue and it will be investigated.

(Report ID=CRMAX-798)

Ok, thank you! Happy to help!
3D Artist / R&D Manager @ State of Art in Venice, Italy

2021-07-14, 16:22:06
Reply #598

Kris H

• Active Users
    • View Profile
for some odd reason, once I installed RC4 every time i render any scene it crashes, no matter how simple the model is
Fixed in RC6 :)
Send me your scene

2021-07-14, 16:22:57
Reply #599

Kris H

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is Render to Texture broken with Corona?
Hi,
Please can you provide some more info? For example; what exactly is broken, Corona Version, 3ds Max version and if possible a scene demonstrating the issue.

3ds Max 2022, corona-7-3dsmax-daily-2021-05-20
It doesn't work with any simple scene

please see the link 

Thanks
Fixed in RC6 :)
Send me your scene