Author Topic: Corona Renderer 7 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 175884 times)

2021-06-18, 18:34:23
Reply #465

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi again!
Corona7 DB 2021-04-21. IR is still working very laggy with Forest Pack 7. With ForestPackPro711 it works a bit better than with ForestPackPro706, but it is still makes IR not usable in scenes with grass and trees scattered with FP. With FP6 in the same scenes IR works fine and smooth.

Here is simplified example - piece of ground surface with boxes scattered the same way as I scatter grass patches. With FP 7 any change such as Sun position or panning in rendered window makes Max to hang for 7-20 seconds before IR's picture is getting updated. With FP6 - no any such kind of hanging, picture is updating immediately.

Max 2021.3, Corona7 DB 2021-04-21

Hi
I've tried to use FP7 with the Corona7 RC1,2 and have to say that IR works better with it now. Testing scene which I attached earlier (https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=30877.300) works pretty smooth, but the real working scenes with a lot of FR objects work still a bit  laggy, much smoother than it was in April, but worse than with FP6

2021-06-18, 18:50:54
Reply #466

Feodor

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I really don't understand what is happening. Why are you releasing things in the daily build that are nowhere near ready to even be tested. As someone already mentioned Volume effect in the sky does nothing but introduce green haze. Also, the interactive render is once again SLOWER. Are you just focused on checking boxes at this point? How you plan to release V7 by the end of the month I have no idea.

And I do not mind and I am interested to get acquainted with the new tool, even if it is not correct, it is a build!

2021-06-18, 18:56:00
Reply #467

Feodor

• Active Users
    • View Profile
And for me, it turns out very well, if the green haze is removed in RC3, then the class (I think it's okay, but you can get acquainted with the new function)!!! I've been waiting for this for a long time, Thank you!

There are not enough divine rays from the mountains. But they will be delivered after Vray has them. ;)

2021-06-18, 22:44:10
Reply #468

Scahek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
And for me, it turns out very well, if the green haze is removed in RC3, then the class (I think it's okay, but you can get acquainted with the new function)!!! I've been waiting for this for a long time, Thank you!

There are not enough divine rays from the mountains. But they will be delivered after Vray has them. ;)
I like how Corona Renderer is progressing. As soon as RC2 came out, I immediately wanted to try it out, this is being completed on RC1... but I like the result on a simple stage... Now I wanted to make a new atmosphere :) Waiting for RC3 :)

2021-06-18, 23:23:47
Reply #469

Scahek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Scahek, could you post those same renders but with the atmospheric haze much closer to the camera?
Something like this... We still need to work on the stage. :)

2021-06-19, 00:03:49
Reply #470

Feodor

• Active Users
    • View Profile

I like how Corona Renderer is progressing. As soon as RC2 came out, I immediately wanted to try it out, this is being completed on RC1... but I like the result on a simple stage... Now I wanted to make a new atmosphere :) Waiting for RC3 :)

me too! But I hope that in the future they will implement it. And there will be +100 points to realism.

2021-06-19, 00:58:00
Reply #471

cjwidd

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Artstation
Really curious about the fog implementation. I haven't downloaded the newest build - is the fog a global post processing option, or do we still create a volume and assign a shader to it?

2021-06-19, 02:26:38
Reply #472

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
No volume with a shader assigned - just a checkbox, and a "strength of effect" parameter. This means it is much faster than using any sort of volume shader (as well as being easier to control, and looking better for this kind of effect).
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2021-06-19, 02:31:13
Reply #473

cjwidd

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Artstation
No volume with a shader assigned - just a checkbox, and a "strength of effect" parameter. This means it is much faster than using any sort of volume shader (as well as being easier to control, and looking better for this kind of effect).

👏👏👏

2021-06-19, 11:12:06
Reply #474

scionik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just tried the new volume effects in Skylight, so it seems weird.

it was an empty scene with default Corona settings, added Sun and Sky, merger model interior then turn on volume effects and set value 5

+ one more example with gray box interior with different settings

upd.
attached test simple interior scene
« Last Edit: 2021-06-19, 11:24:07 by scionik »

2021-06-19, 11:50:12
Reply #475

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2021-06-19, 12:31:42
Reply #476

scionik

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2021-06-20, 20:35:27
Reply #477

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
I really don't understand what is happening. Why are you releasing things in the daily build that are nowhere near ready to even be tested. As someone already mentioned Volume effect in the sky does nothing but introduce green haze. Also, the interactive render is once again SLOWER. Are you just focused on checking boxes at this point? How you plan to release V7 by the end of the month I have no idea.
Hi,

Let me point you to the disclaimer on our helpdesk and on the dropbox folder. https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000570015-corona-renderer-for-3ds-max-daily-builds

The green haze is something which will be fixed in the next build, probably sometime this week.

As for the IR being slower, can you provide some more details? It's pretty hard for us to figure out what is wrong without some more detailed information. Please can you provide a 3ds max scene, the 3ds max version + 3rd party plugins you are using as well as some reproduction steps. The information which we ask for when reporting bugs can be found in my signature.

Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2021-06-21, 09:37:26
Reply #478

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
I'm liking the volume effect in the sky, guys! Well done. It seems to be fast and probably helpful. No idea how you did it...

Now, the question I suspect will come up from many others; is there a way to integrate this new volume effect when using a HDRI?

Thanks!
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2021-06-21, 09:51:10
Reply #479

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Indeed, aerial perspective that would work with HDRI, would be very appreciated. Current implementation is incredibly nice, since it reacts to sky turbidity and sun position and angle, but i think it would be helpful to have additional simple, entirely post-process "fog", that would work with all sorts of lighting and would not trigger IR restart. Something that you normally do in photoshop with z-depth mask.

P.S. can't wait the next build with fixed green tint issue, so i could give it a proper try.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures