Author Topic: Corona Renderer 7 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 175655 times)

2021-02-26, 23:02:33
Reply #150

Feodor

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi!
I found an error in the Material Editor. Use Real-world Scale conflicts with the standard parameter. If you insert a texture with Real-world disabled in 1 ID, the texture will not be visible in the preview of the material in 2 ID with Real-world enabled.

I am afraid this is a 3ds Max bug, what happens is that if any of the two ID's has its scale set to RWS, it applies for both slots but in preview only (not exclusive to Corona).

I can't determine why it works for you, my texture disappears.

2021-02-26, 23:07:42
Reply #151

Feodor

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi!
I found an error in the Material Editor. Use Real-world Scale conflicts with the standard parameter. If you insert a texture with Real-world disabled in 1 ID, the texture will not be visible in the preview of the material in 2 ID with Real-world enabled.

I am afraid this is a 3ds Max bug, what happens is that if any of the two ID's has its scale set to RWS, it applies for both slots but in preview only (not exclusive to Corona).

I'm sorry I didn't understand you right away, but it turns out to be really a problem of 3ds max itself, scanline render gives the same problem. (((

2021-03-02, 17:18:24
Reply #152

julobo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, in the latest daily, 3dsmax freeze when I try to remove deleted elements from distance map or lightselect render element.
max 2021.3, win10, corona latest daily.

edit: sorry, the problem was on my side, my batch file was pointing the wrong path.
Problem solved
« Last Edit: 2021-03-02, 17:37:03 by julobo »

2021-03-08, 11:03:18
Reply #153

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Good afternoon, I'm registering increment on render times with last version, here is an screenshot from a video I'm doing, the highlighted ones are rendered with previous version, the white ones are from after the update, kogomotor 02 its an amd with better results from last versions, ogomotor14 is an 19 and kogomotor07 is an i7, I know it isn't accurate because the calculation was made with previous version but i want it to share this results, also I'm presenting a crash on a video shot with motion blur, previous and last daily version, let m know if you like to test both scenes.

Oh,  almost forgot, all the machines are using high quality denoise because I'm mixing amd with intel
Hi,

The issue with the longer rendering times in the last builds of Corona when compared with earlier v7 daily builds have been fixed. And are in the latest v7 Daily Build (2021-03-05).

Thanks,

Rowan

Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2021-03-08, 23:13:51
Reply #154

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Good afternoon, I'm registering increment on render times with last version, here is an screenshot from a video I'm doing, the highlighted ones are rendered with previous version, the white ones are from after the update, kogomotor 02 its an amd with better results from last versions, ogomotor14 is an 19 and kogomotor07 is an i7, I know it isn't accurate because the calculation was made with previous version but i want it to share this results, also I'm presenting a crash on a video shot with motion blur, previous and last daily version, let m know if you like to test both scenes.

Oh,  almost forgot, all the machines are using high quality denoise because I'm mixing amd with intel
Hi,

The issue with the longer rendering times in the last builds of Corona when compared with earlier v7 daily builds have been fixed. And are in the latest v7 Daily Build (2021-03-05).

Thanks,

Rowan

Thanks you so much, il give it a try right now, you guys are awesome

VK

2021-03-09, 13:36:43
Reply #155

Artisticpixel

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • artisticpixel
I have a Physical material-coronaUVWRandomizer-Corona Colour correct-Corona Multimap with 7 textures in the multimap.

Everything works fine on my Main workstation but the DR machine is rendering strange and coming up with 'Texture map plugin missing' with Offending maps I cannot find in my scene.

Is this a limitation of the Daily Builds at the moment or is there something wrong with Corona? I am using Windows 10, latest build on both machines.

2021-03-09, 16:10:38
Reply #156

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I have a Physical material-coronaUVWRandomizer-Corona Colour correct-Corona Multimap with 7 textures in the multimap.

Everything works fine on my Main workstation but the DR machine is rendering strange and coming up with 'Texture map plugin missing' with Offending maps I cannot find in my scene.

Is this a limitation of the Daily Builds at the moment or is there something wrong with Corona? I am using Windows 10, latest build on both machines.
Hi,

Is there some specific texture map plugin that the error is pointing to? I would double check that all versions of Corona and 3ds Max are the same on the Host and Node machines.

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2021-03-09, 17:18:34
Reply #157

Artisticpixel

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • artisticpixel
Just using native corona maps and both machines on exact same versions. I also dont understand how the Node is picking up 99% of the texture.jpgs but missing the multimap ones, and they are in the same folder structure as everything else that is seen. Thats why I thought maybe the combination of randomizer multimap etc isnt playing nice in the node.

2021-03-10, 10:26:22
Reply #158

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Without looking at the scene it's hard to detail what exactly is going on. Please can you either send your scene to us or submit a support ticket and we will do our best to figure out what's going on.

Instructions on how to do this can be found in my signature.

Cheers,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2021-03-10, 13:53:50
Reply #159

bluebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey guys. Any news on tone mapping ? At least a glimpse of what it will look like and changes planned ?

2021-03-10, 17:19:47
Reply #160

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey guys. Any news on tone mapping ? At least a glimpse of what it will look like and changes planned ?
Hi,

We're still working on it and it's on track for v7.
We don't want to show off something that's not quite ready yet. Once we're at that stage we will get it out in a daily build.

I can't give any timescales as usual, but bare with us :)

Cheers,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2021-03-10, 19:09:33
Reply #161

bluebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2021-03-11, 06:50:26
Reply #162

dsolod

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello,
In the latest daily it's possible to add only Corona Camera origin into the Distance Texture
Would you consider to add the Physical Camera as well?
Thanks!

2021-03-11, 11:26:50
Reply #163

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello,
In the latest daily it's possible to add only Corona Camera origin into the Distance Texture
Would you consider to add the Physical Camera as well?
Thanks!
Hi,

We are thinking of changing this so you can add any object to the distance map.
I have a request logged for this :)

Rowan

(Report ID=CRMAX-328)
Send me your scene!

2021-03-14, 03:18:16
Reply #164

Diogom

• Users
    • View Profile
guys, I noticed two things that might be a bug with this version 7.

When using tyFlow, if I Try to render using tyCache in mesh mode the max just freezes, and I have to kill max in task manager.

another time when I had set my refraction ior too high while using interactive and corona legacy material, the memory use jumped to more than 80gb and max freezed too, before changing this setting the memory use was like 13gb.

I Hope this helped.