Author Topic: Corona Renderer 7 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 175872 times)

2021-01-14, 00:56:23
Reply #90

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Devs

Im still getting issues everytime i move the mouse OFF the VFB, the IR restarts - anyone else experiencing this?

IT seems to happen on heavier scenes.

2021-01-14, 09:07:57
Reply #91

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi Devs

Im still getting issues everytime i move the mouse OFF the VFB, the IR restarts - anyone else experiencing this?

Hi,

Did you ever get a chance to send one of these scenes to us? This is something we have not been able to reproduce, so we would need the scene in questions as well as some reproduction steps.

Cheers,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2021-01-14, 11:13:32
Reply #92

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Hi Devs

This happens to me for years and I never quite put my finger on what it could be. I would also say it happens in heavier scenes (which means it could be absolutely anything there...).

Based on other render-restart issues, it might be something with Physical Camera/DOF/Shift perspective combination.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2021-01-14, 14:47:10
Reply #93

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Check for the ProOptimizer modifier somewhere in the scene, this one triggered IR restarts for me sometimes in the past.

2021-01-14, 22:49:34
Reply #94

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
yeah i managed to fix it when i remerged everything in a new scene - finding the problem may be like finding a needle in haystack - i will report back if i find it.
I recall it was also related to cameras also - i had once fixed it by disabling target cameras.  I will do more testing.

Hi Devs

This happens to me for years and I never quite put my finger on what it could be. I would also say it happens in heavier scenes (which means it could be absolutely anything there...).

Based on other render-restart issues, it might be something with Physical Camera/DOF/Shift perspective combination.

2021-01-15, 10:09:23
Reply #95

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Yes, that's one of my biggest  culprits, target !
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2021-01-25, 12:33:57
Reply #96

rozpustelnik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Any info on aerial perspective, and "altitude" in the new sky?

2021-01-25, 23:51:59
Reply #97

wecaptivate

• Users
    • View Profile
I see that the new PBR material was marked as complete on the Trello board on the 19/01 but the latest daily build is 08/01 - will there be an updated daily build any time soon with the completed PBR material?

2021-01-26, 01:48:55
Reply #98

samjmason

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Was wondering if Tyflow instancing / motionblur was still being considered?

2021-01-27, 11:16:03
Reply #99

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
Any info on aerial perspective, and "altitude" in the new sky?

Altitude + turbidity should be ready soon(ish). Unfortunately it's currently a bit delayed because of SIGGRAPH and the fact that our researcher working on this is still just a human being and needs to sleep at least 2 hours a day :) Our current estimate is that we should have it ready in daily builds sometime in March. We definitely plan to have it available in v7.

Aerial perspective is scheduled for later. Probably more like v9 than v8.

I see that the new PBR material was marked as complete on the Trello board on the 19/01 but the latest daily build is 08/01 - will there be an updated daily build any time soon with the completed PBR material?

There are no big changes in PBR since the last daily build, just some very small UI tweaking. Sometimes it just takes us a few days to remember to update the Trello board, unfortunately. However this does not mean that there can be no more changes to the PBR material before the release. We're still gathering & processing feedback to see how can we improve it. About next daily build, with some luck by the end of this week, otherwise sometime next week.

Was wondering if Tyflow instancing / motionblur was still being considered?
It's not in our immediate roadmap for v7. But I can see that we're talking with the tyflow developers about this and from what I can see it may be relatively easy to add, so it may still happen for v7 (no promises though).

2021-01-27, 19:32:33
Reply #100

rozpustelnik

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Aerial perspective is scheduled for later. Probably more like v9 than v8.

I always admire devs with huge sense of humour ;)

2021-01-28, 17:13:21
Reply #101

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi

Max 2021.3, daily builds starting from the 2020-12-10, MSE works much slower than with Corona 6. Each selection of material takes more time to get it into the Parameter Editor. And it gets even worse if IR is active. Sometimes during IR after different kinds of operations with materials Max is hanging for 5-10 minutes, sometimes Max doesn't get back to work after 15 minutes of hanging (I couldn't wait longer and restarted Max).
At the moment I work with the same scenes using Corona 6 and everything is working fine, so there are no problems in those scenes.

BTW, Corona 6 starts render the scenes saved with mentioned DB only after resetting Corona, otherwise Max is crashing when render starts.

2021-01-29, 09:35:23
Reply #102

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi

Max 2021.3, daily builds starting from the 2020-12-10, MSE works much slower than with Corona 6. Each selection of material takes more time to get it into the Parameter Editor. And it gets even worse if IR is active. Sometimes during IR after different kinds of operations with materials Max is hanging for 5-10 minutes, sometimes Max doesn't get back to work after 15 minutes of hanging (I couldn't wait longer and restarted Max).
At the moment I work with the same scenes using Corona 6 and everything is working fine, so there are no problems in those scenes.

BTW, Corona 6 starts render the scenes saved with mentioned DB only after resetting Corona, otherwise Max is crashing when render starts.
Hi,

Opening scenes saved in newer versions of Corona (i.e. v7 daily builds) with older versions (i.e. v6 HF1) is not supported by Corona at all so crashes and unexpected behaviour etc.. can be expected.

Secondly could you please provide an example of the slow SME? As scene + video and some reproduction steps would be really useful for us to reproduce this. Are you also using any 3rd party plugins?

Cheers,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2021-02-16, 09:03:43
Reply #103

maximvis

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey! Yesterday I found a critical error when working in Corona 7. When you turn on Batch Render, after rendering the first image, Max crashes. Could this be due to the fact that the scene was made in Corona 6?

System:
Ryzen 3950x
64Gb RAM
RTX 3070

2021-02-16, 09:42:29
Reply #104

bluebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey there,
Is trello up to date ? Any news on new daily build or new tone mapping in particular ?