Author Topic: Corona v6 New Features  (Read 2767 times)

2020-08-31, 18:33:19

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I just saw that C4Dcafe.com posted the new features videos for v6 which is nice. I have one question though, can someone explain what "Propagate Masks in Reflection and Refraction" actually does? The video is unclear to me. Thanks.

2020-08-31, 18:39:26
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
The blog showcases it, and the helpdesk page walks you through it - https://help.c4d.corona-renderer.com/support/solutions/articles/12000072867-how-to-use-masks-with-reflection-refraction-in-cinema-4d

Basically, it determines if you want the mask for an object to show up in reflections of other objects, refractions of other objects, not at all in either, or have the object invisible in masks. E.g. if you want to recolor a sofa, and the sofa is seen in a mirror and through a vase, you would need the mask to show up in reflections so you can select and recolor it in the mirror, and in the vase refractions so you can recolor it there. SOA also have a good tutorial on it, link is in the blog :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2020-09-08, 22:47:08
Reply #2

indexofrefraction

• Active Users
    • View Profile
corona is really developing fast lately...
i just wish it would be more stable, it crashes from time to time and that makes me hesitate to fully switch over...

2020-09-09, 02:59:22
Reply #3

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i just wish it would be more stable, it crashes from time to time and that makes me hesitate to fully switch over...

in development it's common to hit issues
if you do find a showstopper, take a moment to make a bug report - knowing what's wrong is already big step closer to stability :)

2020-09-09, 09:06:30
Reply #4

mmarcotic

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Jan - C4D QA
    • View Profile

Hey,
we are sorry to hear that you are having issues! Please, as burnin said, don't hesitate to create a ticket whenever some crash or freeze occurs. It is our number 1 priority to deliver a stable product.

Thanks,
Jan
Learn how to report bugs for Corona in C4D here.

2020-09-09, 18:23:10
Reply #5

indexofrefraction

• Active Users
    • View Profile
tx jan, but i guess i'm not the only one experiencing this.
while vrayforc4d never crashes, corona 5 sadly did quite often on windows 10 / R21
maybe i give it a try again with the new version

2020-09-09, 19:16:27
Reply #6

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
one thing... Did you ever check if it's a plugin conflict (ran faulty scene file with only Corona plugin present)?