Author Topic: Corona Internal Error  (Read 7325 times)

2020-08-25, 08:41:30

Flavius

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys,

I know this might be a bit vague but I have some Corona issues which is currently plaguing my scene. Due to NDA I cannot share the scene. The error I get is

(Internal error. Please report it at https://corona-renderer.com/link/2001:
device or resource busy: device or resource busy )

Max doesn't crash always, but I can't do anything in the scene anyways. It happens when I want to start the IR. If I open and close 3ds max, it works for a bit, then the error pops again. I'm kind of screwed...

I know it can be many causes but what would be the main culprit? what should I look for? I am running max 2020.03 and the latest Corona RC. I was using a Xref Scene, but I merged it and i still get the issue:( 
« Last Edit: 2020-08-25, 08:46:54 by Flavius »

2020-08-25, 10:40:09
Reply #1

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,

We really do need the scene in order to fix this issue. Can you also let me know if you are using any 3rd party plugins? And by latest Corona RC, you mean RC4 right?

Are you able to simplify the scene down just to find the parts of the scene which are causing this issue and send this to us?

Generating a minidump might also be useful, you can find instructions on how to generate one here: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000524006#crashes2

Thanks,

Rowan
« Last Edit: 2020-08-25, 10:47:11 by rowmanns »
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2020-08-25, 11:08:13
Reply #2

Flavius

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have generated the minidump after the error occured and while max was still open. Ok I will try to strip out the scene and see what happens.

The scene is not complex, I only have 1 Corona sun(well multiple on different layers) but I only render one, not multiple at once. A plane with corona displacement (oceantex map), and a yacht model.
I have phoenix installed and there is a pretty heavy simulation, but even if I remove it from the scene and save it doesn't fix the problem :(
I have more complex scenes with the same setup that work. Something weird happened in this one though. Let me see how I can strip this out to be able to send it.

Thanks!

2020-08-25, 12:11:00
Reply #3

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Thank you, please let me know if/when you upload your scene and the name of the file.

We will definately look into this one asap :)

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2020-08-25, 17:58:12
Reply #4

Flavius

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey chief rowmanns,

Please check if the upload went through, I've used the Corona website one. Zip file is called WaterSim-InternalError.

I have cannibalized the scene heavily, but the problem can be replicated. Go to frame 300 (animation is between 300 to 400). Start the IR, leave it for a couple of seconds to render then stop it. Go to frame 305 or something, start IR, leave it a bit, stop the IR. On the 3rd of 4th time it should crash. 

I hope it's a workaround to this because I'm getting desperate here:))
EDIT:
I am running Windows 10 build 19041.450  - Ryzen 3950 X, 64 GB, GeForce 1060 GTX 6 GB. The scene is on an NVME SSD (plenty of free space). VRAM consumption is around 4 to 5 GB.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: 2020-08-25, 18:03:51 by Flavius »

2020-08-25, 19:49:54
Reply #5

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I don't see it on our uploader, maybe it would be better to upload it to our private dropbox instead?

(It's the bottom link here: https://corona-renderer.com/upload)

Cheers,

Rowan

Send me your scene!

2020-08-25, 20:05:35
Reply #6

Flavius

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Done! It's on dropbox.

Thanks!

2020-08-25, 20:13:04
Reply #7

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks, I have it.

I can also reproduce the crash. I will forward it to our dev team right now.

Cheers,

Rowan

(Internal ID=555292388)
Send me your scene!

2020-08-25, 20:29:19
Reply #8

Flavius

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks!

2020-08-25, 23:37:16
Reply #9

Flavius

• Active Users
    • View Profile
UPDATE:

I urgently need to render this, so I started to restart de PC, open only max, start rendering immediately(No IR preview, no material editor opening nothing). It works..randomly, for about 30 frames then it crashes completely. I restart everything, start the rendering..same thing, 30-40 frames then a total crash. Looks like a memory leak or something as IR doesn't crash immediately either. I don't know. I will try to install some older corona daily see what happens.

I'll try to test it out with a different render see what happens.

2020-08-26, 09:57:25
Reply #10

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

So I did some more testing, the last daily build this was functioning in was from 2020-06-03: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=26830.msg171375#msg171375

So you can try and use that one to render out your scene for the time being.

We will do our best to fix this for v6.

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2020-08-26, 10:22:29
Reply #11

Flavius

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey,

I was literally refreshing this page every 10 minutes. Thanks! Last night I started to try previous corona versions, I was down to RC1 this morning :)) But thanks for letting me know which one was the good one. I will install it ASAP.

Further info on this scene, if it helps...
I had a Phoenix simulation in it (now completely deleted it)...But I have many other scenes with the same simulation which work fine. And at one point this was a scene where I was getting some NaN errors, well the model, because I made a new scene and merged the model in it (the scene you have now). I kind of ignored those NaN errors and just installed the new RC's and then this s*it storm happened.

Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

2020-08-27, 20:31:45
Reply #12

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

This is fixed in Corona v6 RC6 which should be released shortly.

Please try it out when you can and let me know if you have any further issues.

Cheers,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2020-08-28, 15:10:12
Reply #13

Flavius

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi there,

!!Big thanks to the Corona team for fixing this so quickly!!  I didn't encounter any issues in my scene anymore.
Damn I should've sent this sooner..I wasted hours if not days looking into every single material, looking for empty objects, node tracks all kind of sh*t. Ow well, I'm so glad it is fixed now!

Thanks again

2020-08-31, 11:04:23
Reply #14

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Super! Glad it's all working now :)
Send me your scene!