Author Topic: suggestion between corona 5 - 3  (Read 2389 times)

2020-07-28, 21:09:19

KhalidMysterious

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello Experts..

i just want to know which version i should go for corona 5 or corona 3 because i hear lots of myth about versions that 3 is better than 4 and 1.6 is better than 3 so i want to chose between 5 and 3

please reply
with purchash link

Thanks alot
« Last Edit: 2020-07-28, 21:13:16 by KhalidMysterious »

2020-07-28, 21:17:20
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
You can't purchase particular versions of Corona, it's subscription based, so you subscribe then you can choose which version to download.

The newer versions are always better - new features, bugs fixed, better quality and/or faster.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2020-07-28, 23:21:13
Reply #2

Designerman77

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello Experts..

i just want to know which version i should go for corona 5 or corona 3 because i hear lots of myth about versions that 3 is better than 4 and 1.6 is better than 3 so i want to chose between 5 and 3

please reply
with purchash link

Thanks alot

Version 3 had lots of bugs which you will not have in 5.
At least in C4D.

2020-07-29, 16:53:40
Reply #3

sprayer

• Active Users
    • View Profile

At least in C4D.
This is true for each version, if i am not mistaken in v3 works hair and fur shader  but slow shadow catcher. in v5 H&F shader not work but also it crash with volume material with texture, etc

2020-07-30, 13:02:41
Reply #4

KhalidMysterious

• Active Users
    • View Profile

At least in C4D.
This is true for each version, if i am not mistaken in v3 works hair and fur shader  but slow shadow catcher. in v5 H&F shader not work but also it crash with volume material with texture, etc
okay now this is confusiing me tho

2020-07-30, 15:17:47
Reply #5

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
There's nothing to be confused about. You should always use the latest official version, as it will always be better than the older ones. But it's also true that there will always be people who likes complaint about new things, since in their mind old times were simply better :]
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2020-07-30, 18:15:34
Reply #6

sprayer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
romullus
i am not complaint but it's very sad when you start new project and notice what some things what was works before now they not working and you need to use workaround like texture in root color in H&F what slowing down rendering. But new displacement in v5 is great so you need to choose between hair or new displacement what also not working with CoronaWire map what is also confusing if you need to see tessellation

2020-07-30, 19:11:18
Reply #7

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I wasn't talking about you, it was just a generalization, but i'd like to address both your concerns. Prior V5 there was no hair shader in Corona. Yes, it has some limitations in combination with max's H&F, but it's not some new bug introduced in Corona. Regarding displacement and CoronaWire map, AFAIK it still works with old displacement, but it's not supported in new displacement, which was simply not present in previous version, so it's not fair to say "it worked before, but now it doesn't". New tech is not always compatible with legacy stuff, but i don't think it's developers' fault. If they will find a way to improve functionality of new tools, they will definitely add this to new versions.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures