Author Topic: Corona Scatter speed improvements  (Read 8049 times)

2020-12-03, 08:23:17
Reply #15

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Sadly we still use Forest Pack due to the limitations Corona Scatter holds against Forest Pack. If I had to suggest which features to add, Its everything ;)

Yes, exactly the same here...

Good Luck

Edit: But 20 seconds?! Sounds strange. Just tried and got 2 seconds with 500k boxes (all random transforms activated).

« Last Edit: 2020-12-03, 08:35:50 by Frood »
Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2020-12-03, 13:50:01
Reply #16

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Out of interest, I decided to set up 2 identical scatters using Corona Scatter and Forest Pack. Both scattering exactly 480 000 cubes on a plane

Corona Scatter scene parse time - 1 second
Forest Pack scene parse time - 20 seconds

Sadly we still use Forest Pack due to the limitations Corona Scatter holds against Forest Pack. If I had to suggest which features to add, Its everything ;)

Wow, devs is there any way FP parsing can be sped up or is this something the Itoo guys need to fix?
Vray who?

2020-12-03, 15:14:38
Reply #17

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Out of interest, I decided to set up 2 identical scatters using Corona Scatter and Forest Pack. Both scattering exactly 480 000 cubes on a plane

Wow, devs is there any way FP parsing can be sped up or is this something the Itoo guys need to fix?

Which versions of Corona and FP are being used? Either way I'd recommend starting a new thread for this issue as it's not directly related to CScatter speed.

Cheers,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2020-12-03, 18:18:11
Reply #18

Neil Cross

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Which versions of Corona and FP are being used? Either way I'd recommend starting a new thread for this issue as it's not directly related to CScatter speed.

Cheers,

Rowan
Corona 6 (Daily Build Apr 28) Forest Pack 6.3.1

2021-02-02, 11:16:13
Reply #19

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile

Maybe there are some things we are not seeing, but we generally use the same workflow to parse both forestpack and our scatter, there are no "magic direct" connections from our scatter to forestpack, so there is probably not much we could do.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2021-02-03, 12:30:01
Reply #20

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile

Cheers,

Rowan
Corona 6 (Daily Build Apr 28) Forest Pack 6.3.1
Sorry for not replying to this, I must have missed it.

We do have a couple of scene where we can reproduce this behaviour. I would ask if it is possible for you to send through your scene so that we can investigate it more. Instructions on how to send the scene to us can be found in my signature.

I'd also recommend to update to v6 HF1, the daily build you are using is quite old and most likely many of the bugs in it will have been fixed in the v6 release.

Cheers,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!