Author Topic: Corona and Thinkbox Deadline questions  (Read 2949 times)

2020-06-22, 06:52:40

Dan Rodgers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi

We are thinking of moving from Backburner to Deadline in the studio, its small-mid sized 10 artists in-house and a couple who work remote.  I was wondering what the limitations are of using Corona with Deadline?

I have used it with VRay in the past and we used to tile-render, but things like lightmix and Corona Image Editor weren't even around back then.

Ideally we want to be able to tile-render, I had read that people were having issues with GI seams with corona-deadline tile rendering, is that still an issue? 

How do people work with lightmix and deadline, are there any limitations there?

Can you tile render to .CXR?

Basically are there any big drawbnacks with Corona/deadline?

Thanks

2020-06-24, 16:53:22
Reply #1

Attila Cselovszki

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Don Rogers,

For a small-mid size company like yours I highly recommend the Pulze Scene Manger and Render Manager combination!

Scene Manager can handle all the different lightmix setups and you can send them to batch render within a few clicks.

Render Manager is the first dedicated farm manager for the Archviz industry. It is extremely user friendly and all the functions are streamlined for Artists not for micromanagement geeks so it is easy to introduce throughout the office. (Yes, of course you can render tiled CXR)

For more info check the Youtube channel:

list=PLAiNL1B64nyN6F63-aSRXQRoSmrA5UTGT

list=PLAiNL1B64nyNXLSGgdlChiTdt8hVC6XGY&index=6

Cheers,

Attila

2020-06-25, 12:02:18
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
@Dan Rodgers - you are welcome to try 3rd party managers with Corona (Deadline, Pulze, others).
I would definitely advise you to contact their teams (Deadline, Pulze, or other manager of your choice) and ask about the specific limitations. I would also strongly suggest testing both Corona and the render manager extensively, because different users use different workflows, and it is impossible for us to verify whether all of those work correctly. We are fine with issuing free licenses of Corona for such tests.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us