Author Topic: Set lights to effect reflection ONLY  (Read 1612 times)

2020-05-18, 15:27:44

Tok_Tok

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello,

Is it possible to set a corona light to affect the reflection on an object only?

So it is possible to remove the reflection of a light and keep the diffuse but is it also possible to do it the other way around?

Thanks!

2020-05-18, 16:00:46
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Not with a light - a light isn't a light if it doesn't cast light :)

But you can use a LightMtl on geometry, disable emit light, disable visible directly, and leave it visible in reflections and refractions.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2020-05-19, 09:06:22
Reply #2

Tok_Tok

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, that works. Thanks for the tip.

So if I get this right a Corona light isn't actual geometry so it can't be visible when turning off Reflections, but a Corona Light Material is applied to geometry so it CAN do this. As far as I can see the Corona Light Material has all the options a normal Corona light has but it's different in this one thing, why isn't there an option available to turn a Corona Light into geometry so it can only be visible for reflections? I'm asking because I do a lot of product visuals and I'm changing the light settings all the time, so having to pick a material with the material picker and the changing the settings is an annoying extra step which I have to do a lot of times.

2020-05-19, 09:34:21
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
You could use attribute holder and add Corona light material controls to geometry's command panel.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2020-05-19, 12:41:08
Reply #4

Tok_Tok

• Active Users
    • View Profile
That can be a nice solution, I could just keep one light object in my Copitor and paste it whenever I need it, thanks.