Author Topic: Camera inside Corona Volumetric Material  (Read 1755 times)

2020-04-26, 16:12:26

Feodor

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Not a big life hack, how to put the camera inside the object to which the material "Corona Volumetric" is assigned and at the same time, so that the fog works. I share my discovery that I made a long time ago and have never seen or mentioned it anywhere, even here.
Create a small sphere, for example, ~ 20 mm in diameter and throw it in the center of the camera, attach the sphere with Edit Poly to the box on which the volumetry lies and that’s all, for an aesthete, you can invert normal in the sphere. The camera will be located inside the empty “bubble” and everything will work. In order for the “bubble” to move with the camera, in Edit Poly select this “Bubble”, assign the Linked Xform modifier and assign a camera in its parameters.

For developers, maybe this principle can be implemented somehow in the program code, since it is a rather necessary function! Moreover, all renderings can, Arnold, Vray, fstorm, corona render not.

2020-04-27, 16:34:09
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I think this is a known trick, and that it was already described somewhere on the forum under the same name of a "camera bubble". Nonetheless, thanks a lot for wording it nicely and sharing your example!
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us