Author Topic: jerk sequence image problem  (Read 2657 times)

2020-04-24, 10:34:29

smallrendering

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hello

I have a 30fps image sequence and I have jerking problems. when I do the simple editing on premiere it's just a traveling shot.

Thank you very much for your help

2020-04-24, 13:17:20
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Animation doesn't look jerky here - what it does look like is that it needs motion blur, though :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2020-04-24, 14:11:53
Reply #2

squeakybadger

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think the rule of thumb for filming panning shots, is that an object needs to go from one side to the other in no less than 8 seconds to stop judder.

Not sure how apt it is for rendering though!

2020-04-24, 14:34:47
Reply #3

smallrendering

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Do you mean that my movement is too fast?

2020-04-24, 14:36:24
Reply #4

smallrendering

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Animation doesn't look jerky here - what it does look like is that it needs motion blur, though :)

I understand but I can't get the motion blur to work ... on the other hand when I film this same movement in 60 second frame, the movement does not jerk anymore but twice as much calculation is normal?

2020-04-24, 14:39:36
Reply #5

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Share the settings you are using for motion blur - now, depends on whether you moved the camera, or moved the object, as to whether you need to enable motion blur from objects, or camera (or you can just enable both).

And yes, 60fps is always smoother, the difference between each frame will be smaller - still should have some motion blur though even then.

2020-04-24, 14:47:02
Reply #6

smallrendering

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Share the settings you are using for motion blur - now, depends on whether you moved the camera, or moved the object, as to whether you need to enable motion blur from objects, or camera (or you can just enable both).

And yes, 60fps is always smoother, the difference between each frame will be smaller - still should have some motion blur though even then.

thank you for your response I simplify my scene there is that the camera that moves and the object is fixed

2020-04-24, 14:50:00
Reply #7

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Tweaking the shutter speed of the camera is then the way to go to determine how much motion blur there is (same as in the real world), check into https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000516202-how-to-enable-and-control-motion-blur- (or you could swap from shutter speed to using MBlur duration and adjust that).

2020-04-24, 14:53:38
Reply #8

smallrendering

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Tweaking the shutter speed of the camera is then the way to go to determine how much motion blur there is (same as in the real world), check into https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000516202-how-to-enable-and-control-motion-blur- (or you could swap from shutter speed to using MBlur duration and adjust that).

thank you very much I understand suddenly when on a fast movement behind closed doors or with an object it is necessary to activate the motion blur to reduce the problem?

2020-04-24, 15:56:45
Reply #9

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, if there is fast movement in a scene, then there will be big changes between one frame and another, which will look unnatural. In cameras, since the frame is exposed for a set amount of time, this motion blurs in that frame (the object moves from one place to another during the exposure, and you get a blurred look). In the human perceptual system, the brain blends things together across a period of time (so much the same effect).

So for fast moving/changing things, a perfectly sharp, frozen image changing to another perfectly sharp, frozen image looks unpleasant. Motion blur resolves this, helping the frames blend from one into another and give more of a sense of continual movement rather than suddenly moving from one location to another. It's less of an issue at higher frame rates, as you have smaller movements between each frame (less time has passed, the object has moved less far), even so, some motion blur is still a good idea :)

2020-04-24, 16:13:19
Reply #10

smallrendering

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, if there is fast movement in a scene, then there will be big changes between one frame and another, which will look unnatural. In cameras, since the frame is exposed for a set amount of time, this motion blurs in that frame (the object moves from one place to another during the exposure, and you get a blurred look). In the human perceptual system, the brain blends things together across a period of time (so much the same effect).

So for fast moving/changing things, a perfectly sharp, frozen image changing to another perfectly sharp, frozen image looks unpleasant. Motion blur resolves this, helping the frames blend from one into another and give more of a sense of continual movement rather than suddenly moving from one location to another. It's less of an issue at higher frame rates, as you have smaller movements between each frame (less time has passed, the object has moved less far), even so, some motion blur is still a good idea :)

thank you very much for your very precise explanations that help me a lot! I will test all of this