Author Topic: rendering from VFB to C4D or PSD  (Read 5728 times)

2020-04-29, 19:43:38
Reply #15

Shawn Astrom

• Active Users
    • View Profile
+1 All of this. Would love to see ALL of the color management fixed / updated in Cinema / Corona. Having to use Arnold a bunch lalty and the color management in Arnold works very well and seems to bypass Cinema's limitations on that front (Picture Viewer). Who knows when we'll see native OCIO support but we need that ASAP.

- Shawn

2020-05-01, 18:53:41
Reply #16

sirio76

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Making both PV and VFB look the same is non-trivial

Hi Tom, I'm not sure if that is exactly the same problem but Vray has a similar issue if you compare the VFB and PV or viewport content, they do not match.
In the case of Vray when you load the correct ICC profile inside the VFB you get 1:1 results so maybe you can think of something like that.

2020-05-01, 19:07:07
Reply #17

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
TY for the info! We are looking at whatever solutions are possible, both short term, and longer term (in case it needs to be split like that). We'll keep you updated when we know more.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2020-05-01, 21:18:51
Reply #18

sirio76

• Active Users
    • View Profile
If this can help here is an example I’ve posted on the Chaosgroup forum in order to get consistent results: https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/v-ray-for-cinema-4d-forums/v-ray-for-cinema-4d-problems/1017851-ipr-preview-does-not-have-the-same-color-as-the-image-manager?p=1018116#post1018116 without the ICC profile there’s always a slight difference between VFB and PV.

2020-05-04, 10:03:04
Reply #19

steppes

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanx for your answers. Hi Sirio, nice to see you here again!

In my workflow I can live without using the curves for now and I figured out how to use the cxr and how to save nice PSDs out of one render.

The most important aspect for me is the possibility of batchrendering.

2020-05-04, 12:17:54
Reply #20

djstevanovic

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I just need to render 3-4 frames at night at settings i made in vfb (tone mapping, lightmix, blum, sharpen) and save in psd (with all passes i want) / cxr and have 3-4 cxr files in the morning.. I want image from vfb(vfb_test.jpg), and when i set frames and render from picture viewer i have different image(picture_viewer_test.jpg).. Sorry for quality of images, i just waited for 2 passes to show difference..
« Last Edit: 2020-05-04, 12:43:32 by djstevanovic »

2020-05-04, 14:33:37
Reply #21

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Just had a client call me with what appears to be the same issue.

Honestly, I feel like taking a break from these discussions because if something so crucial can't be put on top of the priority list since 2015 then I just don't think I can keep my hopes up :\
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us