Author Topic: HDR background to show upon PNG export  (Read 2388 times)

2020-04-09, 23:12:11

kmwhitt

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This is perhaps a stupid question, but here goes...  I've got a scene using an HDR as environment light source.  After render, when I save the image from the frame buffer as a PNG, the background disappears and I am left with an alpha.  How do I get the HDR to show upon export?  Do I need to use another file format when saving my image (would prefer PNG if I can get it to work)?  Thanks in advance, Kevin

2020-04-10, 01:46:49
Reply #1

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Simply use another format. :)

Or go via Picture Viewer. :\

& Don't worry, I'm stupid too :D
Seems there's no option to disable Alpha channel in VFB...
... for some time already. Cuz, IIRC, (Background) Alpha was optional under Render settings.
Also, there's Alpha pass in Corona multi-pass thingie which now feels it's there just for the kicks since it's always on... IDK...WTHIGO? ;)

2020-04-10, 13:23:54
Reply #2

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Or you can remove the alpha once in Photoshop or similar editing, if you want to still save to PNG :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2020-04-10, 14:05:18
Reply #3

kmwhitt

• Active Users
    • View Profile
burnin - Thanks.  Saving from picture viewer with alpha unticked seems to work.

Tom - Thanks for the input.  When I remove the alpha in PS, I still lose the background image or am I'm missing something?

2020-04-10, 14:19:38
Reply #4

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
You should be able to get it so the background shows up as far as I remember, but been a while since I tried it. PS is a bit odd with Alpha and Transparency channels and ways of removing them :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2020-04-10, 14:50:31
Reply #5

kmwhitt

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Tom.  When I open the frame buffer export via PNG in PS, the background is completely stripped.  No worries as I'll use the picture viewer.  Kevin