Author Topic: contemporary cabin - oslo, norway  (Read 5693 times)

2020-04-01, 13:30:11

karklinskarlis1993

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hi guys,

during this quarantine, can't complain about job inquiries.
any critics and improvements would be really appreciated

c4d, corona, photoshop

stay safe everyone

« Last Edit: 2020-04-01, 13:34:16 by karklinskarlis1993 »

2020-04-01, 14:00:07
Reply #1

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
VERY nice work. Well done :)
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2020-04-01, 16:46:27
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
If you are asking for criticism and improvements, then all I can do is shut up. :D
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2020-04-01, 21:57:13
Reply #3

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
remove megascans and do it again...

now, you claim it's about the cabin, yet all I can see is distraction - just like modern days - fake lives while the truth is obscured, just dark.
simply nothing to critique :p

2020-04-02, 08:57:03
Reply #4

karklinskarlis1993

• Active Users
    • View Profile

now, you claim it's about the cabin, yet all I can see is distraction - just like modern days - fake lives while the truth is obscured, just dark.

i did black matte version here, because i just love dark cabins in scandinavia, original (client based) cabin was in a bit more in detail and color. but i hear you, i will do some upgrade on this one (i have some ideas in mind) and add a bit more detailing :)
with 'comments and critics' i was actually asking for improvements of light, texture, angles and render itself, but thanks for insight!

1st step. i am about to add real fog

« Last Edit: 2020-04-02, 10:50:57 by karklinskarlis1993 »

2020-04-02, 12:51:42
Reply #5

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i did black matte version here, because i just love dark cabins in scandinavia, original (client based) cabin was in a bit more in detail and color. but i hear you, i will do some upgrade on this one (i have some ideas in mind) and add a bit more detailing :)
with 'comments and critics' i was actually asking for improvements of light, texture, angles and render itself, but thanks for insight!

1st step. i am about to add real fog

well, you did chose the simplest, dullest of all possible lighting variations... :)
but, I believe you're on a good path to make a work of a masterpiece quality

now, adding fog simply makes it mystical, while scene, growing in complexity is starting to beg for a story...
so, a possible projection...

There's a storm in a distance and here clouds are starting to break. An "eye" opens letting ray of light shine through. It guides and focuses spectators vision through the clouds toward "salvation" - where water droplets sparkle on a cabin & surrounding mist glows, it appears to show a place which offers heaven-like protection.
©  ;)

2020-04-02, 13:07:54
Reply #6

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D

Jeez tough crowd. OP is using the toolset available to him/us. Nothing wrong with that. You might as well tell him to "remove corona and do it again..."
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2020-04-02, 14:14:28
Reply #7

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@aaouviz
Hi and welcome to the thread.

I challenge you to think!

Asset is not the tool.

Share your opinion, make criticism, provide argument... but don't judge and be a fool :P

Realize yourself, I am not a crowd.
No other made any critique, but only provided a thought about how hard it is to base the critique on "flawless" work, thus I continued clearly stating the obvious... and correspondence went on...

It's a hard knock life...
... Live and let die.

Thank you for your attention - now, let us continue :)

2020-04-02, 17:00:44
Reply #8

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I got to agree with burnin, without enviroment it's just a big black box - ugly stain on beautiful landscape.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2020-04-02, 17:04:39
Reply #9

Designerman77

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I got to agree with burnin, without enviroment it's just a big black box - ugly stain on beautiful landscape.

A brutal critique... :)

However, that relationship between nature and the architecture might be worth trying some iterations.

2020-04-02, 17:36:03
Reply #10

karklinskarlis1993

• Active Users
    • View Profile
it personal reference, few will always adore dark shit, while other will opposite
anyway, did some few tests
now it is one ugly box with small window :)

2020-04-02, 18:49:07
Reply #11

1equals2

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Looks pretty awesome!

What's your experience with megascans? 
For some reason I can not get good looking shaders when using their 3d scans and the 4k resolution maps. Almost same applies to 4k textures for surfaces.
The tree and stone You have used look with quite good resolution....

Unfortunately by default Quixel just charges You without giving You the options to change your subscriptions plan.
After officially proclaimed free use with Unreal and the increased points and upped resolution, my account was charged without access to any of the new conditions. I hear others have experienced the same.... Really unprofessional, but still counting artistic souls.

Other places to find the work of Angel Kostov
https://www.instagram.com/1equals2/
https://www.behance.net/ARCHO

2020-04-02, 18:58:35
Reply #12

Designerman77

• Active Users
    • View Profile
it personal reference, few will always adore dark shit, while other will opposite
anyway, did some few tests
now it is one ugly box with small window :)

No, it´s not ugly.

Maybe try to make the black surface a bit less matte (light absorbing), so it is not like a black spot without surface (except you intended exactly like that... your artistic freedom).
But instead of that yellowish surface, maybe try OSB-board material ?
And a long, slim window?

Just some spontaneous suggestions. You know, other eyes always see things differently. :)

Maybe what most commenters instinctively miss, is a nice big window as a counter-point to the closed look of the black box. And a hint of what's inside the building.

Otherwise I like your idea.

2020-04-02, 19:29:28
Reply #13

karklinskarlis1993

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Looks pretty awesome!

What's your experience with megascans? 
For some reason I can not get good looking shaders when using their 3d scans and the 4k resolution maps. Almost same applies to 4k textures for surfaces.
The tree and stone You have used look with quite good resolution....

Unfortunately by default Quixel just charges You without giving You the options to change your subscriptions plan.
After officially proclaimed free use with Unreal and the increased points and upped resolution, my account was charged without access to any of the new conditions. I hear others have experienced the same.... Really unprofessional, but still counting artistic souls.

i am using free version with unreal. idk.
what do you mean by "cannot get good looking shaders"? did you download actual high quality scanned object or just default model ("High poly source" tick)? quixel made me confused when i surfed there for solid 3 hours downloading every single asset, trying out in render and realizing everying looks fake. then i discovered, you can download high detailed scan, and with combo of 4k texture - looks great.

actually, here, only one rock is from quixel (central one), other rocks are from different sources (pretty crappy, but oh well, i tweaked a lot those shaders).

2020-04-02, 19:31:07
Reply #14

karklinskarlis1993

• Active Users
    • View Profile
But instead of that yellowish surface, maybe try OSB-board material ?

tbh, osb is exactly what i am aiming for but i cant find any solid seamless high quality shader for that. even on cc0 textures, they dont provide the exact look i am after. or maybe i am just too lazy to reshade it in photoshop for higher resolution :)
i think i am calling it quit today, and i am gonna re-render region of osb in last shot tomorrow
« Last Edit: 2020-04-02, 19:36:43 by karklinskarlis1993 »