Author Topic: Mask xref scene objects in render elements  (Read 2468 times)

2020-02-20, 10:23:08

mouzou.mary

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I would like to ask if someone knows how to mask an object inside an xref scene.
I have a base scene where I load my xref scene (plants) and I would like to output a mask only for specific plants.
I have tried Material ID at Cmasking_Mask element but it doesn't work.
Thanks in advance.

2020-02-20, 10:40:54
Reply #1

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Material ID should work. Sure you have setup it correctly? You could use object ID as well. When you are talking about "plants", do you use a scatterer for them?

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2020-02-20, 11:14:30
Reply #2

mouzou.mary

• Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for your quick response.
I will double check it about the MatID with a simplified scene. It works with MatID from base scene but not with MatID from Xref scene.
Yes I use scatterer and I include in render elements both scatter and the initial scattered objects. But the same happens with simple geometry objects for xref scene.
I also tried invert the base scene with the xref scene (meaning to use the initial xref scene as base and insert as xref scene the initial base scene) but I still get a black mask with CMasking_Mask and MatID selection fir the xref scene objects.

2020-02-20, 11:46:57
Reply #3

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Very strange. Which Corona and max version do you use? Could you attach a master scene (empty one with mask setup will do) + one simple xref scene (box with matID) where you get no mask? Would be easier.

Good Luck

2020-02-20, 17:58:23
Reply #4

mferster

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hmmmm I just did a quick xref scatter test scene and it works fine for me using either Object ID or Material ID.

scatter plane and boxes were brought in through xref scene and are showing in masks correctly.

2020-02-20, 18:23:39
Reply #5

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
it works fine for me using either Object ID or Material ID.

For us as well, using it all the time to create sub masks.

Good Luck

2020-02-21, 10:01:03
Reply #6

mouzou.mary

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Everything works fine after deleting all render elements and recreate them from scratch.
I really don't know what I was doing wrong but thank you for your time and effort.