Author Topic: Seeking for ARCHICAD scenes ( Possible win of Corona license ;) )  (Read 13054 times)

2019-12-09, 14:42:39

alexhajdu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • SW engineer - ArchiCAD
    • View Profile
Dear ARCHICAD users!
To improve the plugin and bring it to the next level, we are kindly asking for your help.

What and why?

TLDR; We need real life scenes to replace a batch of pillars and walls with some real houses, interiors -> internal testing &research and understanding of your needs.

We [developers and architects] are not on the same wave using ARCHICAD. Our testing scenes are miles away from real-life projects you are dealing with daily.
To improve and understand your needs, we need larger, more complex projects, so we can test editor responsiveness ( Corona Proxy, etc. ), make our test renders, look at how you use materials, lights, and much more...
Please, consider uploading your projects with working links to materials, textures, libraries and everything we need for error/warning free experience.

We understand the majority of your projects are probably under NDA.
Then, some personal work, drafts, exercises will be more than welcome.

Your projects will be safe with us. They will be used strictly with our team and for our internal usage. Your project or any part of your project will be not published or sent to the 3rd parties. If you permit us to publish renders, all images will be credited properly.

Motivation booster - Corona License
To motivate you more we will provide one commercial Corona license for ARCHICAD ( once we release a commercial version ), 3DS Max or Cinema 4D.
I will draw one name from all scene submissions at the end of January 2020.  The winner will be announced in this thread and contacted by our support to handle all the details.

How to upload
Please use our service called Private uploader. We provide this tool for users to upload their scenes so our developers can debug and resolve the subject more quickly.Follow this link to read more about private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload

---

Once again, the discussion is open.
All comments are more than appreciated. Thank you!
« Last Edit: 2020-03-31, 10:00:02 by alexhajdu »

2019-12-10, 13:42:52
Reply #1

Javiermarin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi.

I have sent an Archicad file so you can do tests. See project and renders with Artlantis in http://www.marinvillarroya.es/project/edificio-de-9-viviendas-adosadas-bulbuente-2010/

2019-12-10, 14:08:54
Reply #2

alexhajdu

• Active Users
  • SW engineer - ArchiCAD
    • View Profile
Hi.

I have sent an Archicad file so you can do tests. See project and renders with Artlantis in http://www.marinvillarroya.es/project/edificio-de-9-viviendas-adosadas-bulbuente-2010/

Thank you Javiermarin for submitting your project (and for great tutorials too :) ).

2019-12-10, 17:08:20
Reply #3

Javiermarin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
If you need another project let me know

2019-12-12, 19:02:26
Reply #4

djkt

• Users
    • View Profile
Just uploaded one file named 1576173524_COBALTONO-3.0-.pln and another one to the Dropbox called Cobal Casa.pla Glad to help!

2020-01-14, 11:16:41
Reply #5

liukperry

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm an italian architect, very happy to help you yo improve this wonderful tool for archicad. In BIM process rendering are a big part of it and the possibilities to use it in the native software it's amazing.
This is a small project for a dentist studio, but a lot it's modeled. I use Archicad to develop the project from the beginning till the building site managment. You will find a lot of documentation in wich you can see all the process.
I hope this file will help you to understand the complexity of the object we need.
In you want more complex o bigger scene tell me, i hope to help you!

I've upload the .pla file on dropbox

2020-01-21, 02:27:51
Reply #6

insightreid

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Uploaded a residential build in our Twinmotion template, I've only done a small amount with Corona in this file to compare the results with Cinerender but the staging may prove useful for testing. Hope this helps

2020-01-24, 15:34:49
Reply #7

raffe3003

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Nice idea, like it very much. Hope you prepare great materials for this Corona-ARCHICAD.
I've uploaded two files, one is very unusual for ARCHICAD but almost everything was modelled inside (Sternwheeler) and another one is completely opposite :-) - simple and almost typical House (1579876012_ARCHICAD-Scene-House.zip).
best
Rafal

2020-03-04, 09:17:10
Reply #8

alexhajdu

• Active Users
  • SW engineer - ArchiCAD
    • View Profile
Thank you, everyone, for sharing your scenes with us. I will lock the thread now and will choose one 'winner'. We've got 5 entries, as a DND fan I will roll a dice where:

1) raffe3003
2) insightreid
3) liukperry
4) djkt
5) Javiermarin
6) roll again...

I will post the video I hope till end of the week. Good luck!

2020-03-04, 10:45:33
Reply #9

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Sorry for hijacking the topic, but what about if the dice will land on its edge? :]
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2020-03-04, 13:13:31
Reply #10

alexhajdu

• Active Users
  • SW engineer - ArchiCAD
    • View Profile
If the dice lands on its edge, I call both of the numbers winners :)

2020-03-09, 11:46:01
Reply #11

alexhajdu

• Active Users
  • SW engineer - ArchiCAD
    • View Profile
So to prevent romullus scenario I've decided to use trusted dice roller from Wizards of the Coast.

Here is the dice roll: https://imgur.com/a/TL133oo

Big thanks to everyone. Congratulations Javiermarin! We will contact you..