Author Topic: Windows 10 pro update failing  (Read 2973 times)

2019-11-18, 17:10:41

jamesdowling

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Atmos Visuals
Sorry I know this is not specifically a hardware question but I thought it was the best place to ask.

I have windows 10 pro and for a few months now I have been unable to install any updates, during the update it blue screens then turns off, I then have to power up the computer twice and on the third time it reverts the the previous version and I can carry on as normal. I have been pausing updates but the last few days it keeps doing it while rendering at night which is super annoying...

I tried talking to the microsoft help center last time and they were not helpful at all and basically said to wait until the 1903 update pops up asking to be installed. I just wondered if anyone here had issues installing the updates on windows pro? below are the failed ones in question.

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903
Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809 amd64 2019-04
cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1809 for x64-based system (KB4525237)

Thanks

2019-11-19, 22:16:44
Reply #1

iancamarillo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
1903 update worked fine for me. Have you tried unplugging all usb devices, even mouse and keyboard and use ps2 if possible? also, do you have the latest motherboard bios updates?

2019-11-20, 13:03:13
Reply #2

jamesdowling

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Atmos Visuals
I'm not actually sure if I'm on the latest motherboard bios, the meg creation was a bit unstable when it came out so I just stuck to the bios that was stable on my system. I will have a check and update it and also disconnect all usb devices. Thanks for replying! fingers crossed its that

2019-11-22, 12:05:50
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
It sounds like some kind of hardware/driver problem.
I had problems installing some updates too, and unfortunately what worked for me was giving up and just continuing to use the PC as usual. After a few days the update magically started downloading and installing as it should.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2019-11-22, 13:25:48
Reply #4

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I am 99perc. sure you do need the latest MEG bios update for past summer upgrades.

The public 1.3 bios is stable and good.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2019-11-22, 15:06:57
Reply #5

jamesdowling

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Atmos Visuals
Thanks for the replies, I actually did have the latest bios (7B92v13) but I re-installed it anyway and it seems windows has now updated, Strange but at least its worked. On a similar note its saying that I'm up to date on windows pro build 1803 but I thought there was a 1903 update?

2019-11-24, 11:14:19
Reply #6

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Windows is no longer forcing upgrades since summer, just security updates. You can download Windows updater, run it and upgrade to new big build.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2019-11-26, 13:14:29
Reply #7

jamesdowling

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Atmos Visuals
Ah I see, thanks Juraj