Author Topic: Controlling triplanar rotation with a controller. How?  (Read 1598 times)

2019-10-30, 19:57:29

mantaskava

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Closest I got so far is this:

But might as well be I'm using totally wrong controller here. If so, what controller should be actually used? Otherwise, you can see numbers in Tri node and controller do not correspond at all, which suggests me some kind of formula/equation should be used in between these two nodes? If so, how can I insert a formula here? And what does that formula look like?

Thank You.

2019-10-30, 20:32:27
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
This must be radians https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radian But i don't know if there's an easy way to convert radians to degrees in slate editor. I think script controller could help, but it's not trivial to set up.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2019-10-30, 20:59:44
Reply #2

mantaskava

• Active Users
    • View Profile
"not trivial to set up"- meaning it's not worth it or it's hard to set up or exactly opposite?

Another thing that bothers me is I can't seem to get materials set up with controllers to transfer to other scenes.
For example- If I copy paste an object from one scene to another that includes mtl with any of the controllers, controllers doesn't come across. Tried saving material to library as well- same story. Does this mean it is actually not possible to have a mtl preset that contains controllers? That would be ridiculous IMO.

2019-10-30, 21:08:53
Reply #3

mantaskava

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Okay just found out about this option:

So in regard to controllers not coming across scenes- all good now. Looks like it was just hidden in slate editor.

2019-10-30, 21:18:06
Reply #4

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Yep, controllers are hidden by default, but they are never actually lost... unless you want to dublicate the material :]

"not trivial to set up"- meaning it's not worth it or it's hard to set up or exactly opposite?

It means that i don't know if it's even possible :] You can't expect to simply plug in script or expression controller and it would work, you first have to open them, create variables, assign controllers, write expressions... i think, you got the point ;]
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2019-10-30, 21:28:26
Reply #5

mantaskava

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I just understood that it's actually UNNECESSARY to input numbers into controller itself. The most important part is to LINK the parameters and then I can input the numbers to Triplanar node directly (and all other Tri nodes get's updated accordingly). And Bezier Point3 controller does just that. Plus it's even better that I can later hide these controllers to not get in the way.

Case closed it seems :)

Romullus, as always, thank you for your input.