Author Topic: First corona project and first forum post  (Read 2782 times)

2019-10-25, 08:19:57

Maybejensen

• Active Users
  • MaybeJensen - Denmark
    • View Profile
    • Maybejensen
Hello and happy friday everyone!
I decided to celebrate that my forum account has been approved, with a little post about what I'm currently tinkering with outside of work.
Where I'm currently employed we work exclusively with V-ray. BUT I've been keeping an eye on corona ever since the alpha stages and remember being impressed back then.
But I gotta say, if I was impressed back then, then I'm blown away now. The way corona handles bloom and glare is amazing, it's intuitive and easy to work with, converting scenes is a breeze.
I think i have a new favorite render engine, and I've dreaded having to work with V-ray all week.
Enough of that tho.
My brother and I are working on starting our own thing on the side. Since he's a corona user, I thought i should spend some time catching up before we go live.
Here are some images I worked on these past few days.
I will update as the project comes along.
Please, if you have any comments or any thoughts that you wanna share, don't hesitate to post here!
I'm open to all criticism, creative or technical.

MAYBEJENSEN I Working on something I  Ryzen 3950x / RTX 3080

2019-10-25, 08:35:08
Reply #1

Philip kelly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Sketchrender
The very best of Luck.
Lovely render.
Dell Precision T7910

2019-10-25, 20:34:09
Reply #2

cjwidd

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Artstation
Hey your render looks great, I do have a couple questions about the scene. What was your approach to lighting this scene, e.g. sun / sky? How did you approach the floor, e.g. geo or displacement?

2019-10-28, 10:34:51
Reply #3

Maybejensen

• Active Users
  • MaybeJensen - Denmark
    • View Profile
    • Maybejensen
Hey your render looks great, I do have a couple questions about the scene. What was your approach to lighting this scene, e.g. sun / sky? How did you approach the floor, e.g. geo or displacement?
Hey cjwidd
It's pretty straight forward. I had a lot of trouble getting the look that I wanted from the corona sun/sky. I've been doing some tests today and still can't seem to make it look the way I want :(.
In these images, I'm using the same Peter Guthrie 1322  HDRI. I will say, render timers are through the roof! The first image let sit for 9 hours and it's still noisy. Floor planks are from Textures.com with a bunch of color correction. Thinking about changing the floor tho...
Here are some updated renders, my interior design skills are failing me, think I will be spending the week on Pinterest finding good reference images. Also, I spend like 1,5 hours creating those salt shakers... Probably not a good use of my time.
Most of the of the other models are just free ones i'm playing with.

2019-10-29, 18:22:57
Reply #4

cjwidd

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Artstation
Yeah I think I prefer the first image set, personally. The updated image set is definitely more contrasty and pops more, but I'm not sure about the couch or the side table - they both get very dark(?)
« Last Edit: 2019-10-29, 20:49:41 by cjwidd »

2019-11-21, 13:32:23
Reply #5

vkiuru

• Active Users
    • View Profile
re: the latest render, maybe try to split the large area to two more separate like spaces? Also the floor looks a bit busy with the largea area.. not always but oftentimes the planks would be directed towards the main window openings so in this case 90 degree rotation and maybe scaling the floor boards up a bit would help - or maybe the camera FOV is too large. Anyway it's a good start.

2019-11-22, 11:37:14
Reply #6

Maybejensen

• Active Users
  • MaybeJensen - Denmark
    • View Profile
    • Maybejensen
re: the latest render, maybe try to split the large area to two more separate like spaces? Also the floor looks a bit busy with the largea area.. not always but oftentimes the planks would be directed towards the main window openings so in this case 90 degree rotation and maybe scaling the floor boards up a bit would help - or maybe the camera FOV is too large. Anyway it's a good start.
Great feedback! I already changed the floor and I'm now working on a different dinner table.
After that, I'll begin on a couch. Not looking forward to that one. Thanks for the comment