Author Topic: Funny maxwell forum thread  (Read 16161 times)

2014-02-10, 23:47:17

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Hi guys,
does anyone have an active account on the maxwell forum and can tell this guy: http://maxwellrender.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=40531#p377216 to maybe not post 2 year old UI screenshots from Corona as a proof that Corona sucks ass? ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-02-11, 01:39:20
Reply #1

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
You don't want to fight on foreign front. That thread is downright idiotic, just as cru of Maxwell forum has always been. Well, not every forum can be ChaosGroup like...
I am dissapointed seeing Bernard Brosdau (Tora) doing such ill-concieved comparison (being held victim of default settings by such a prominent and intelligent user like him), but whatever, fanboys will always use odd arguments to validate their position.

Lol at the stance of the moderator/team member. I think I was the only person who left the room in Venice when the spaniard with bad english started his one hour long journey about "We are Maxwell..the very best of the world, customers love us, look at our doge features". Matter of fact, I really like Maxwell to some point but really, they go so wrong about it. Just browse the forum...it's nightmare that rivals the (deleted one :- D) forum of FryRender.

"I also see the irony in the interiors tutorial that next limit posted , that's just a user introducing bias albeit in a limited fashion." [Quote photomg1]
Actually I scratched my head so much seeing that absurdity, just check yourself everyone: http://support.nextlimit.com/display/tuts/Photography+techniques+to+speed-up+interior+renders

"Use extremely precise renderer, do idiotic setup to speed it up to achieve non-realistic results anyway"

I'll do my own comparison of Corona, Vray3,Maxwell3 and iRay around May/June regarding the quality of shading/GI only (because I am not really interested in else).
« Last Edit: 2014-02-11, 01:49:35 by Juraj_Talcik »
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2014-02-11, 02:20:36
Reply #2

photomg1

• Active Users
    • View Profile
All I'm going to say is please hurry up and get a modo plug in going. I would love to try Corona ……  : )

I've payed for maxwell so felt I had every right to give my point of view, although I don't think I've helped my popularity on those forums though  ….  ahhh well

2014-02-11, 10:52:53
Reply #3

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Juraj: yes, that tutorial is indeed funny. About fighting the battles, there is a ton of threads on other renderer/software forums about corona, and yes, there will always be fanboys, and there will always be people with their workflow, afraid of change, defending doing everything exactly the same way for years. But this is different, passing off 2 year old state as current state of Corona is just a low blow, and until somebody corrects his lie, it will hurt corona by scaring away new users.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-02-11, 13:24:29
Reply #4

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
By the way, right now when i am writing this, Maxwell forum has just one member more than Corona forum, should not take more than a few minutes to beat them. Congratulations to Corona for having more forum members than Maxwell forum had since Maxwell started :D

2014-02-11, 13:59:42
Reply #5

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
By the way, right now when i am writing this, Maxwell forum has just one member more than Corona forum, should not take more than a few minutes to beat them. Congratulations to Corona for having more forum members than Maxwell forum had since Maxwell started :D

Careful with arguments like that. You don't need a forum account to download a maxwell demo - you need to leave your email address yes, but you don't need a forum account. It doesn't say anything about user activity in maxwells forums or the amount of people using it. So, such arguments are likely to be fired back ;)
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2014-02-11, 14:09:09
Reply #6

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Careful with arguments like that. You don't need a forum account to download a maxwell demo - you need to leave your email address yes, but you don't need a forum account. It doesn't say anything about user activity in maxwells forums or the amount of people using it. So, such arguments are likely to be fired back ;)

I NEVER said Corona has more USERS than Maxwell... ;) Just forum members. I do not see how this could ever backfire, unless some hypersensitive fanboy interprets it wrong. It is not statement that we got more users, just a nice hint that Corona forum is quite popular. Sure, that need of forum registration to get the build affects it a lot, but it's actually a good thing considering now it's quite easy to approximate how many people already tried Corona :P

2014-02-11, 14:43:52
Reply #7

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
I don't want to get too offtopic here (sorry if I do  ;) ) but what I wanted to say is that someone can use your argument to try to make a point about something.
Technically you're right at what you say, but in conjunction with "should not take more than a few minutes to beat them" it sounds like a competition and forces some quirky people in the maxwell forums to defend their beloved product - and then those will argument (exactly as you said) that corona requires a forum account to test the software and that this is just an attempt to make corona look more widespread than it is (which is obviously bullshit).
Don't get me wrong, I don't want to break your argument, but I think it may not be a good idea to state that in a thread which is about clearing up obsolete/false information in another forum. It just encourages people to start a fanboy battle.
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2014-02-11, 15:49:20
Reply #8

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Well, if they try to defend their beloved product using forum member count then they will just embarrass themselves further :) Again, i did not claim Corona to be better than Maxwell because it grew it's forum userbase quickly. It is just a nice funfact. It is just a congratulation to Ondra and our community for helping to spread the word.

It is like if you take a long hiking trip for a week, and manage to walk say 450 kilometers. After you do some counting you realize that in a week, you walked distance which average person walks in half a year :) You are not implying you are better than everyone else, you just use some example to better realize the distance.

Same with my post, it was meant to sound like "Wow, we already reached same amount of forum members Maxwell forum reached since beginning of it's existence" ...just to better realize how large amount it already is ;)
« Last Edit: 2014-02-11, 16:28:16 by Rawalanche »

2014-02-11, 16:21:22
Reply #9

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
lets not turn this into fanboy debate. I just wanted somebody to correct the lie by one maxwell fanboy.

2014-02-11, 16:36:24
Reply #10

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
But will it help? Haters do not want to know facts, they just need something to hate for their own failures. I'd say - keep calm and carry on ;]
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2014-02-11, 17:16:01
Reply #11

photomg1

• Active Users
    • View Profile
In all honesty I highly doubt showing a dialogue with whatever the options are now , will make any difference . Anyone with enough intelligence will just find out for themselves . As Juraj has already stated we will all make our own judgements/tests.

Just to clarify my issues with maxwell are speed based , and the lack of user options to combat that. So congrats to Ondra for giving you all options to facilitate that. Tora's tests just piqued my (and I'm sure others) interest even more with what is happening with corona so I wouldn't look at that thread in a negative light towards corona IMHO. Your balance of speed/ quality ratio seems very very impressive. I really doubt that thread will have any negative impact on the success of your product. The opposite seems more likely to me.

The maxwell crew are not inherently a bad bunch,they are just as guilty as anyone else of trying to protect their own product .Which is completely understandable, as it is on their forums.If I felt that it wouldn't cause more trouble than its worth I'd post some new dialogue screen shots myself, but it will believe me.

So yes just carry on : ), let the results speak for themselves as they have up until now … (and please do a modo plug in!!!   : ))

2014-02-11, 21:08:45
Reply #12

Chakib

• Active Users
  • Corona Omnomnomer !
    • View Profile
They can laugh as much as they can, but the truth is : maxwell render is the slowest renderer ever known from the beginning to this time it's impossible for me to use it for a serious project even with a renderfarm, so that dumbass who is laughing about the old layout is just proving how ignorant he is. God bless Corona !

2014-02-11, 23:10:35
Reply #13

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
They can laugh as much as they can, but the truth is : maxwell render is the slowest renderer ever known from the beginning to this time

I should send you the debug build of corona sometimes.

2014-02-11, 23:25:27
Reply #14

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
They can laugh as much as they can, but the truth is : maxwell render is the slowest renderer ever known from the beginning to this time

Now imagine THEIR debug build! :D

2014-02-12, 07:47:41
Reply #15

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Now imagine THEIR debug build! :D

:D... Anyway, corona is getting popular enough to be bothered by an old picture somewhere on a forum. I can't imagine this scaring away new users...

2014-03-06, 16:17:43
Reply #16

CHRiTTeR

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Dont worry about the maxwell forum... Arguing about stuff like this on forums is useless.

Remember a good product sells itself and doesnt need false advertising and hyping like *some other renderer* needed...
If Corona keeps kicking ass as it does now at release ppl will notice soon enough and it'll be hard to ignore.

2014-03-18, 19:06:19
Reply #17

borisquezadaa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I brings to my head...

"Let the dogs bark, Sancho. It’s a sign we are on track."... who said that?... XD.

Greetings.

What i do with Corona My Corona post of random stuff rendering
WARNING: English.dll still loading...