Author Topic: 360 panorama - spherical rendering - bloom and glare  (Read 2525 times)

2019-10-14, 18:16:46

NOOKTA

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.nookta.de
Hello everybody,

I am currently working on a non-commercial project for a friend of mine. And I was able to easily create these panoramic renderings for him. I saved out CXR files and applied some bloom and glare effects, unfortunately these effects don't bleed over to the other side. I guess this is not normal behaviour but maybe somebody has done this before and knows how to fix it? Or is it actually a bug?

I attached the rendering and a snapshot of the panoramic application.

Thanks!

Ara

PS.: If anyone is interested, my friend did his master thesis in architecture on designing a community center in south africa. He currently is giving presentations and exhibitions on his work to collect money for actually building it!

It's in german, but there are some pictures to look at too :P

www.thusanang.de
« Last Edit: 2019-10-14, 18:31:30 by NOOKTA »
www.nookta.de — architectural visualization based in germany
https://www.instagram.com/nookta_visualization/

2019-10-14, 18:32:44
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
B&G should calculate fine in the VFB - but as noted in the changelog (https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=25035.msg154963#msg154963) the ability to save extra info about the camera into the CXR, such as whether that camera was VR, is part of Corona Renderer 5. This allows the CIE to calculate B&G correctly for different camera types (previously, it didn't know if this was a VR image or not).

Of course, that would only apply to renders made in Corona 5 and saved out to CXR from Corona 5 - CXRs from earlier versions won't have that extra camera info in them.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-10-14, 18:33:30
Reply #2

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
(PS that feature is in the daily builds, and the Release Candidate, so you may want to give it a test!)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-10-14, 19:00:34
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Since the main source of B&G in the picture is the sun, i would suggest to turn the camera directly opposite to it - that might completely eliminate the problem, no matter what version you are rendering with.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2019-11-01, 10:18:30
Reply #4

NOOKTA

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.nookta.de
Hey guys, thanks for the tips. I didn't try it out with the daily builds, because I first tried out romullus' approach. But I thought to look straight into the sun so the B&G are in the middle of rendered image. Thus the effects fade out towards to sides of the image, which then lead to a seamless image.

Thanks!!
www.nookta.de — architectural visualization based in germany
https://www.instagram.com/nookta_visualization/

2019-11-01, 11:25:32
Reply #5

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Hey guys, thanks for the tips. I didn't try it out with the daily builds, because I first tried out romullus' approach. But I thought to look straight into the sun so the B&G are in the middle of rendered image. Thus the effects fade out towards to sides of the image, which then lead to a seamless image.

Thanks!!

Actually that's exactly what i suggested, but i chose bad wording to explain it. Sorry!
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures