Author Topic: Distributed Rendering - New File vs Existing...  (Read 1743 times)

2019-10-11, 15:30:30

jms.lwly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • jms.lwly studio
I have really inconsistent issues with Distributed Rendering - when I open a new file in Max, it will always find DR slaves with no issues - but often if I'm working on a project and decide to enable DR it doesn't find any slaves.

I can literally find no slaves one minute, start a new file in Max and it will find slaves immediately. In the existing file I've tried resetting Render settings to default but get the same issue; switching to a different renderer and back to Corona and still nothing. I've also checked in Backburner and all machines see one another fine.

Any suggestions how to resolve this without having to import everything into the new file (this happens reasonably often - with no reason why).

2019-10-11, 18:34:29
Reply #1

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
If you use "Search LAN during render" (do you?) and you have multiple max sessions started, keep in mind that only the first instance of 3ds max will find the nodes. Workaround: define your slaves explicitly in your IP/Hostname list and disable search lan - maybe that is your issue.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2019-10-15, 15:05:42
Reply #2

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,

Did Froods suggestions help?

Thanks,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!