Author Topic: Bloom&Glare flickering in animation  (Read 6959 times)

2019-09-11, 06:51:42
Reply #15

3dkobi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
First - I attach the animation as 2 separate layers.

I tried a few things but nothing helps:
1. I changed the threshold of the bloom&glare (higher\lower)
2. I changed the intensity of the green illumination.
3. I changed from high quality filtering to tent. Tried it with width px of 2, and 1.
Nothing helps...

I can't upload the CXR files since they are huge

2019-09-11, 10:19:07
Reply #16

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
You can see how green parts are shimmering even without B&G. I don't think there's much you can do about that, other than to render at double resolution and then downsample, but of course that's highly impractical with animation. Alternatively, you could search for third party B&G solution, which would have temporal antialiasing option. Maybe arionFX could do that?
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2019-09-12, 05:53:03
Reply #17

3dkobi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, you're right, the green parts are shimmering without B&G...
I don't care so much about the B&G - This is a project for myself to practice things...But I do care about this shimmering in the lights
What can cause them to not render smooth ? maybe it's because I'm rendering with camera MB ?

2019-09-12, 09:37:41
Reply #18

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Video (or picture) has limited resolution and when very thin object is travelling through screen, it may occupy different number of pixel lines. In one frame it might be displayed as two full lines and in the next one it might be smeared over three lines. The thinner the object is, the more pronounced shimmering will be. Better filtering algorithm may help to reduce the effect, but ultimately, in extreme cases like yours, there's only so much it can do. Rendering at bigger resolution, would be the best option here, because it would affect the root of the problem. If you were using time limit for your animation, then i'd suggest to leave time limit the same and double the resolution - rendered image will be much noisier, but when you'll downsample to half rez, it should contain roughly the same noise level as original frames, but AA will be much better. You can also use blurrier image filtering with bigger radius, because downsampling will make your picture much sharper and generally you don't want too much sharpness in animation.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures